Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about Leaf Trinity Inscriptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
If the player signs a sworn affadavit and does a video confirming he did all signatures and inscriptions, I am not sure what else any company can ask of a player...
Feel free to challenge the authenticity legally if you are not willing to accept a player's sworn affadavit and video proclamations... BG

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
If the player signs a sworn affadavit and does a video confirming he did all signatures and inscriptions, I am not sure what else any company can ask of a player...
Feel free to challenge the authenticity legally if you are not willing to accept a player's sworn affadavit and video proclamations... BG

Why would I challenge it, I don't collect Wood or Notre Dame, so I don't really care. I do know that I wasn't born yesterday, and anyone with a functioning brain and good eyesight can tell that the same person did not write those inscriptions. You don't just change your hand writing overnight to a completely different style.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Why would I challenge it, I don't collect Wood or Notre Dame, so I don't really care. I do know that I wasn't born yesterday, and anyone with a functioning brain and good eyesight can tell that the same person did not write those inscriptions. You don't just change your hand writing overnight to a completely different style.

Making a big stink for someone who says they don't care....

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

Actually, yes ... I believe it was Taylor Guerreri who changed his writing completely mid signing and demonstrated it on video when we quetioned his autographs.. (Could be wrong on player tho).. Bv

Agreed, but not financially practical..
Doing this for massive number of players could add $100-??? Per case depending on print run..

Understand but until its a common practice situations like this will be unavoidable.

It's not completely insane to think a singers hand gets tired.. He gives his girlfriend the marker.. She does the inscriptions.. He signs.. When questioned he says yeah I signed and inscribed them all.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Making a big stink for someone who says they don't care....

I don't care about Cierre Wood, can't stand the Irish, and have never bought a Leaf product in the BG era. However, I know at least one person that thought enough of this product to buy the card. Because of that I care. This should be a big deal. What a cloud of controversy. Guy signs a contract to inscribe cards. Cards have at least three different handwriting styles. Athlete submits a video to verify he did what he signed a contract to do and has to do another one. What a mess.

pigeonsbaseball

Mar 12, 2011
In my opinion the inscriptions were not written by the same person(just look at the G's) but that could be easily determined.

After getting the signed affidavit from C. Wood that he inscribed and signed these cards they should be submitted to several handwriting analysts for their opinion. If the experts find the cards to be fake then this needs to go to another level. There needs to be drastic consequences.

I could only see three potential situations IF the inscriptions are fake:

1. C. Wood had someone inscribe them and then he signed them.
2. C. Wood only signed them and then sent them back to be inscribed.
3. They were inscribed before he got them and then he signed them.

Is there an alternative that I am missing?

My gut tells me it is number 1 but it isn't fair to pass judgement without all the facts. I am a huge ND fan but if C Wood decided to have someone else inscribe these cards and then lied about it Leaf should make an example out of him. This is a huge deal and the impact is not only to these cards but cards produced in the past, the future and the overall integrity of our hobby.

If these cards are not 100% inscribed and signed by Cierre Wood then what happens?

EDIT: I should add that I have dealt with Brian Graya lot and he has always been fair and corrected any problem however big or small. Brian has always been a consummate professional and I have complete trust in him and expect that if there is an issue here he will correct it.

Last edited:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Have him sign a few inscriptions on camera. If they match you're ok. But I think we all know they wont.

Last edited:

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009

Who is beating a dead horse? It's not like an explanation was ever given.

I didn't bring this up because I hate Leaf, hell, I just got one of the orange Matrix 1/1s in the other day. I thought collectors might care about something like this, apparently not. I will let it go now, I'm already 100% sure Wood didn't inscribe all of those himself. I don't need to see a video of him lying about it.

Jon Mead

Jul 28, 2013
The question is how many people signed the inscriptions, and of those people ill bet money not one was or ever will be anything but a relative of a player or an employee of leaf. The inconsistencies are to great to say yeah the player signed those.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Really surprised this is just coming up now.

It's been quite clear for the last few years that topps employees write most/all of the inscriptions on "player inscribed" cards.

I have at least one Dawson "inscription" that I can guarantee is not his handwriting.

2012ToppsFiveStarRetiredQuotableAutographsADAndreDawson9-10.jpg

Last edited:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Really surprised this is just coming up now.

It's been quite clear for the last few years that topps employees write most/all of the inscriptions on "player inscribed" cards.

I have at least one Dawson "inscription" that I can guarantee is not his handwriting.

2012ToppsFiveStarRetiredQuotableAutographsADAndreDawson9-10.jpg

Great but this has nothing to do with topps. Topps also does not honor redemption's. Shall Leaf copy those bad habits also?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Just pointing out that inscriptions not being made by the player is a common practice.

Thanks for being a smartass though.

I am sorry pointing out something to you with a point is being a smart ass, so you're welcome. This has nothing to do with topps or other players, this is a leaf forum. One would think leaf would want to distance them self from others pitfalls not clone and use them as outs. Maybe something productive comes of this. Live webcasting of the players signings? Obviously not all of the base autos, but big cards/inscriptions This would cut travel costs alone and add interest to upcoming products.

Last edited:

Members online