Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about Leaf Trinity Inscriptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I may have missed an answer to this already but, I have noticed that many of the ones /60 have different inscriptions.

Example: I bought an Eifert "Go Bengals" inscription /60, now I see a "Go Irish" inscription /60 listed.

Are they completely different cards and each unique inscription is /60 or are there multiple different inscriptions included in one 60 card run?

If there are multiple different inscriptions in the same run of 60, will there be a print run for each released sometime?

Thanks.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Good question, I was wondering the same thing myself.

I assume, in your example, that both the "Go Bengals" and the "Go Irish" combine to make up the print run /60....but I could be wrong.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Saw something today that made me half sick. Who exactly is signing the inscriptions? I realize handwriting might change a bit when signing many things or on a different day but there are far too many inconsistencies for me to believe the sameperson signed all three of those. Sucks I have two of these incoming before I noticed.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
WOW, those definitely weren't written by the same person. Imagine that, another Leaf product, another wave of bullXXXX.

BG, are your employees inscribing these?

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
Saw something today that made me half sick. Who exactly is signing the inscriptions? I realize handwriting might change a bit when signing many things or on a different day but there are far too many inconsistencies for me to believe the sameperson signed all three of those. Sucks I have two of these incoming before I noticed.

Brian Kelly was a great coach.......are you XXXXing kidding me no way that was written by a player.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

Just comparing the capital and lower case A between the first and last card, then the G between the first and middle card is enough to tip that these are not the same person. There are multiple additional differences in the inscriptions. This makes me question if he even signed all of the cards or if this/these mystery inscribers just threw down his signature for him as well.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Before we go killing @Leaf on this, if this was a real issue not just a conspiracy, wouldn't we be seeing similar handwriting on other players cards? So far the inconsistency has been on Cierre Woods cards. If BG or his staff did the inscription wouldn't you see similar handwriting across players?

If this is just on the Cierre Woods cards, the isn't it plausible that he just used family or friends to write them? I certainly agree that it doesn't look like his handwriting.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Before we go killing @Leaf on this, if this was a real issue not just a conspiracy, wouldn't we be seeing similar handwriting on other players cards? So far the inconsistency has been on Cierre Woods cards. If BG or his staff did the inscription wouldn't you see similar handwriting across players?

If this is just on the Cierre Woods cards, the isn't it plausible that he just used family or friends to write them? I certainly agree that it doesn't look like his handwriting.

Exactly. This seems to be the most logical and likely answer.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
So what? Leaf is not accountable at all? The guarantee on the back of the card tells me otherwise. You can't just put it all on Wood. It sucks to think he did that, but I expect at least a little QC from the company selling the finished product.

I now have two fake worthless cards in my collection that I spent my money on.

I'm sure we will hear the "oh, I'm suing somebody" reply soon and then just wait it out until it all goes away. If you are guaranteeing a signature, shouldn't it at least be looked at? It's not like it was very hard to notice the different handwriting.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
So what? Leaf is not accountable at all? The guarantee on the back of the card tells me otherwise. You can't just put it all on Wood. It sucks to think he did that, but I expect at least a little QC from the company selling the finished product.

I now have two fake worthless cards in my collection that I spent my money on.

I'm sure we will hear the "oh, I'm suing somebody" reply soon and then just wait it out until it all goes away. If you are guaranteeing a signature, shouldn't it at least be looked at? It's not like it was very hard to notice the different handwriting.

Only playing devil's advocate here. I'm a PC collector as well and I can see where your frustration easily lies. Even though all three cards show clear difference on different hand writing for the inscriptions, his autograph is consistent on them. I'd be interested in seeing the exact wording on the back of the card. The front is vague but does state "authentic inscription/signature".

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Yeah I have no doubt the autograph itself is real. I will get a pic of the back up in a second, ipad is being stubborn with the attachment, keep getting an error.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts