Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yadier Molina........I've been telling you.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Okay, for YEARS here, and before on BMB I have been preaching about how great of a BASEBALL PLAYER Yadi is, and all I have heard is how he can't hit, and he is only a valuable commodity behind the plate. Even after his long ball heroics in the 2006 NLCS. It's always been said that McCann is better, Posey is better, etc. well my friends, after these last few seasons, I hope your tune has changed. Yadi should have won the MVP award last season. He is on the track to win it this season, and he is the favorite right now. Last week Yadi was trailing Posey by like 64,000 votes at catcher for the ASG. Today Yadi leads the ENTIRE National League in votes. 2 time World Series Champion. 2 time Platinum Glove winner. Multiple time Gold Glove winner. Multiple time All Star.

http://www.bnd.com/2013/06/20/2663989/can-yadier-molina-get-any-better.htmlYadi's

Yadi's a beast, and he's proving all his 'defense only' doubters wrong.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
He is an insignificant player who will be forgotten 10 years from now. Plus he's a hothead whose face looks like it's made of wax. Nice prison neck tat too.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
He is an insignificant player who will be forgotten 10 years from now. Plus he's a hothead whose face looks like it's made of wax. Nice prison neck tat too.

Haha he needs to add a tear drop under his eye to go along with the prison-neck tat. But he is a damn good catcher and his hitting as improved drastically from 2006.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Molina has turned into an elite hitter, something he was not earlier in his career. If the season ended today, he'd deserve the NL MVP award.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I don't know what's up with his neck tats either.

I read in an article after he got them that they had personal meaning, and he wouldn't say what that particular reason was. One looks like a musical note an d the other some freaky Y design.

I'm not a fan of them. I think he just got them in that location so they'd be visible on the sides of his catchers mask.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Says the Cubs fan.

Nah, not a Cubs fan at all. Just hate the Cardinals....not fond of their fans more specifically. If you're just a fan of baseball in general, living where I live will make you hate the Cardinals really quick too; having to deal with these goofs everywhere from the radio shows I listen to in the mornings to the gym I go to. Yes Molina has had a couple of good offensive seasons.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Nah, not a Cubs fan at all. Just hate the Cardinals....not fond of their fans more specifically. If you're just a fan of baseball in general, living where I live will make you hate the Cardinals really quick too; having to deal with these goofs everywhere from the radio shows I listen to in the mornings to the gym I go to. Yes Molina has had a couple of good offensive seasons.

So hostile.

Just embrace it. Cardinals Nation is always accepting new members.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

:lol: that is talk radio everywhere.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
@sigma_chi We need to go to a game at Busch together sometime. I will show you the ways of the Force.

Haha I used to love to go back when I was a kid. I used to love the Cardinals...I had an Ankiel #66 jersey, a Joe McEwing (little Mac) shirt, a Ron Gant shirt ( my favorite), a JD Drew jersey and of course a Mark McGwire shirt. In fact I was such a hardcore fan that Greg Maddux threw me a ball one time during BP when I was 10ish and I chunked it back at him and yelled that I didn't want no stinkin Braves ball. I grew up on my dads stories of picking cotton in the mid-late 50's and on a clear night getting to listen to the AM broadcast of Harry Carey and Jack Buck. I just sort of grew out of the Cardinals in the late 90's and the further away I got from being a fan the more annoying the people were until it got to the point that I can't even talk baseball anymore because conversations at the gym about someone like Mike Trout always end with "yeah but he's no Allen Craig", Plus I had a couple of very bad experiences during my last two trips...bad as in people trying to fight me in the bleachers because I was wearing an Angels hat during an 09 series and a Rockies hat the next year.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
My thoughts upon reading the OP:

1. What the hell is a platinum glove? (Looked it up; was unaware until now)

2. Nice season last year, but methinks the right dude won the NL MVP (Yadi is thus far worthy this year with a lot of season left; he should be thankful Tulo got hurt as he always does)

3. LOOOOOONG way to go for the HOF, his comparables on baseball-reference.com are not exactly ringing endorsements. Certainly possible, especially with the noted offensive improvements.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Molina is the best catcher in baseball and is phenomenal, but I wouldn't necessarily say he is on track to win the mvp award this season. He should get consideration but Troy Tulowitzki is my pick, and I think most people would choose either Tulo, Goldschmidt, or Carlos Gonzalez right now. I would say for my top 8:

1. Tulo
2. Goldschmidt
3. Carlos Gomez
4. David Wright
5. Carlos Gonzalez
6. Jean Segura
7. Yadier Molina
8. Joey Votto

Wow that was hard, I feel like all of these guys could flip around in pretty much any spot in the top 8 and I wouldn't really have a huge problem with it.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
I like Molina as a player but I'm pretty confident he needs many years of high offensive numbers to even sniff the hall. As of now he has 82 homers and 500 or so RBI. Those are hardly HOF numbers. Even Gary Carter had 300+ homers and 1200 RBI.

Latest posts