Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to Cooperstown tomorrow, any recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Spending tomorrow and Thursday in Cooperstown with my pops, any recommendations on what to see? Obviously I'm a card collector so any good shop reco's are welcome, but I'll listen to anything in general.

Thanks in advance.

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
As far as card shops go there are very good ones and very bad ones you will know right when you walk in. A lot of card shops on main street on and there is a hotel called the otesaga that is great for lunch.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
I didn't particularly care for the cardshops....there is one store that actually puts its price stickers from a price gun ON the card! It's insane!

Are you staying overnight? I would go to the cooperstown diner for a burger....looks like a shack, but burgers are AWESOME!!! Alex and Ika's is nice for dinner too!

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
I didn't particularly care for the cardshops....there is one store that actually puts its price stickers from a price gun ON the card! It's insane!

Are you staying overnight? I would go to the cooperstown diner for a burger....looks like a shack, but burgers are AWESOME!!! Alex and Ika's is nice for dinner too!

The diner is definitely awesome... most of the card shops are ridiculously overpriced. Yaz's cards (they just moved to same side as hall) is decent. They will hook u up w/ top loaders, sleeves, and team bags if u open right there. Have fun.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Last time I was there, I went into a shop that was selling sealed Leaf Pete Rose blasters for $45, behind a glass case. That got a chuckle from me. They're gathering dust at the walmart and target up here at half that price.

I do recall one of them being very well stocked with boxes from the past 5 years and a nice vintage collection. But then I walk into one that was selling a 2011 Bowman Paper Bryce Harper for $15.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
If you want to have a good sit down dinner... As the other poster said Alex and Ika's is probably the best food in Cooperstown. Farm to table fresh, delicious apps and entrees and excellent service. Had my birthday dinner there. The card shops literally all suck. Take your time at the hall. If you go at a certain time in the day (later afternoon) your ticket is good for the next day as well. To see Doubleday field and head over to the batting cages. The shops including to cards shops are all really only good for looking. Guys are literally sti trying to sell 80s and 90s wax in some cases. Have fun!

Members online