User Tag List

Thread: Going to Cooperstown tomorrow, any recommendations?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to Cooperstown tomorrow, any recommendations?

Spending tomorrow and Thursday in Cooperstown with my pops, any recommendations on what to see? Obviously I'm a card collector so any good shop reco's are welcome, but I'll listen to anything in general.

Thanks in advance.
    Need the following 99 Fleer Sports Illustrated Greats of the Game Autographs to complete my set:
    Baseball - Reggie Jackson (HOF Inscription & Mr. October Inscription)
    Football - Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Joe Namath, Bart Starr
    Basketball - Always looking for Isiah Thomas Auto's (in an Indiana University uniform ONLY)

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you gotta stop at DiMaggio's on state hwy 28, great food,service good prices. have fun.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The town revolves around baseball, most any place you walk into you will enjoy one way or another.
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

morganrector
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as card shops go there are very good ones and very bad ones you will know right when you walk in. A lot of card shops on main street on and there is a hotel called the otesaga that is great for lunch.
    Collecting Lakers and Dodgers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't particularly care for the cardshops....there is one store that actually puts its price stickers from a price gun ON the card! It's insane!

Are you staying overnight? I would go to the cooperstown diner for a burger....looks like a shack, but burgers are AWESOME!!! Alex and Ika's is nice for dinner too!

bigbov
     @adambova
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess0304 View Post
    I didn't particularly care for the cardshops....there is one store that actually puts its price stickers from a price gun ON the card! It's insane!

Are you staying overnight? I would go to the cooperstown diner for a burger....looks like a shack, but burgers are AWESOME!!! Alex and Ika's is nice for dinner too!
    The diner is definitely awesome... most of the card shops are ridiculously overpriced. Yaz's cards (they just moved to same side as hall) is decent. They will hook u up w/ top loaders, sleeves, and team bags if u open right there. Have fun.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I was there, I went into a shop that was selling sealed Leaf Pete Rose blasters for $45, behind a glass case. That got a chuckle from me. They're gathering dust at the walmart and target up here at half that price.

I do recall one of them being very well stocked with boxes from the past 5 years and a nice vintage collection. But then I walk into one that was selling a 2011 Bowman Paper Bryce Harper for $15.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd hit up the Baseball Hall of Fame while in town.

There's Brewery Ommegang if you're into beer.
    Brewery Ommegang | Cooperstown, NY Official Site

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to have a good sit down dinner... As the other poster said Alex and Ika's is probably the best food in Cooperstown. Farm to table fresh, delicious apps and entrees and excellent service. Had my birthday dinner there. The card shops literally all suck. Take your time at the hall. If you go at a certain time in the day (later afternoon) your ticket is good for the next day as well. To see Doubleday field and head over to the batting cages. The shops including to cards shops are all really only good for looking. Guys are literally sti trying to sell 80s and 90s wax in some cases. Have fun!