Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1/1 cards that no longer exist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Random thought popped into my head, but wondered what 1/1 cards no longer exist, or are heavily damaged, due to fire, flooding, shipping mishap, or some other misfortunes.

Anyone have any to share?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Hmmm...I seem to remember a guy up here in Kirkland, Washington that I believe had Arod cards that lost them to a fire. Must have been 9-10 years ago, but I remember that he had a handful of 1-of-1's. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll bet some of the other Washington guys may remember that...
I also know a local guy that had a great Bonds collection that lost them to a fire. Although, I am not sure if he had 1-of-1's, it is definitely possible.

WaxPax

Yep, I have one for you.....Back in the day I pulled the Mark Trumbo 2006 Bowman Red Border 1/1 (See scan below). It was in a pack with another 1/1, literally stuck to the one in front of it (the Walters Red 1/1...yuck). As you can see in the scan at the top where it says "1st Bowman Card" the Trumbo was damaged (paper loss) out of the pack. I contacted Topps at the time and since it was a 1/1 they could not replace the card, so they sent another 1/1 replacement (Garret Mock Red 1/1 Auto).

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
I remember from the old BMB days that someone pulled the J. Brent Cox Auto Super from 2005 Topps Chrome Update. It was caught in the crimping machine and he sent it back for replacement.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Speaking of Trumbo 1/1's, I remember Sean C. (who I haven't seen around here in awhile) speaking of buying the 2004 SP Top Prospects 1/1 Autograph of Trumbo and having it get lost in the mail. So who knows where that one is...

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I know a guy over on BMB washed his Kila Ka'aillue Red 1/1 when he forgot it in his shirt pocket.. remember him posting the pic of it.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Hmmm...I seem to remember a guy up here in Kirkland, Washington that I believe had Arod cards that lost them to a fire. Must have been 9-10 years ago, but I remember that he had a handful of 1-of-1's. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll bet some of the other Washington guys may remember that...
I also know a local guy that had a great Bonds collection that lost them to a fire. Although, I am not sure if he had 1-of-1's, it is definitely possible.

Do you know if he had the 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
The Platinum 1/1 Trumbo showed up a few years later state side from a different seller (the one I bought it from was in Japan I believe). My guess was that someone offered more after the auction ended and I got hosed. Oh well, sure would have liked to have that card a couple of years ago...

Speaking of Trumbo 1/1's, I remember Sean C. (who I haven't seen around here in awhile) speaking of buying the 2004 SP Top Prospects 1/1 Autograph of Trumbo and having it get lost in the mail. So who knows where that one is...

Members online

Latest posts