User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 98

Thread: This Weeks Hot List is LIVE.... and apparently a big deal on blow out.

  1. #31
    Senior Member ThoseBackPages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    32,986
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guilty like OJ!
    What you collect is awesome, what i collect sucks.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California and Oregon for school
    Posts
    1,833
     maxe0213
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgross144 View Post
    It's "you're"
    lol I'd say that you're and your is a lot different than saying someone is convicted of murder. Way to dodge the question tho.

    You ARE a moron if you are comparing the difference between your and you're to mistaking a murder conviction. You're a clown.

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post
    I thought he was formally charged. Would that not be indictment?
    Maybe by the dictionary definition that you found. But not apparently under Massachusetts law.

    From a USA Today article last week (and yeah, I get that USA Today isn't prevailing legal authority on the matter, but I saw similar language in multiple news stories):

    "Hernandez also has a tentative July 24 date in O'Shea court for a probable cause hearing, although prosecutors could convene a grand jury before that date to seek a formal indictment, said Chris Dearborn, a criminal law professor at Suffolk University in Boston.

    Once formally indicted, it could be months, if not over a year, until Hernandez stands trial."

  4. #34
    A_Pharis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    20,828
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccouch (Chad) View Post
    Maybe by the dictionary definition that you found. But not apparently under Massachusetts law.

    From a USA Today article last week (and yeah, I get that USA Today isn't prevailing legal authority on the matter, but I saw similar language in multiple news stories):

    "Hernandez also has a tentative July 24 date in O'Shea court for a probable cause hearing, although prosecutors could convene a grand jury before that date to seek a formal indictment, said Chris Dearborn, a criminal law professor at Suffolk University in Boston.

    Once formally indicted, it could be months, if not over a year, until Hernandez stands trial."
    Thanks for the explination. My bad!

  5. #35
    Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,043
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc398 View Post
    How about soon to be convicted? Who really cares? And why the personal attacks again? Why are you such a self righteous asshole that can do no wrong? I hope you don't handle yourself this way when people are actually around. Actually, I really don't care....if you do there probably aren't people around in real life to be an ass to so you come here.

    I challenge you to go 1 post without being confrontational. I don't get it.
    Who really cares? Wait, which part? I've already clearly acknowledged that the initial error/misleading wording wasn't the big issue...but how it was (or more importantly - wasn't) corrected. And "soon to be convicted?" I'm sure Willie Mays would see no difference in being referred to as "aging" vs "soon to be dead.

    Now the funny part...you baited me, I accepted the challenge, now you take the high road? Come on assclown, read my posts...whatever few there are over the past weeks, months, etc...short of bantering with some blathering idiot on a General Chat thread (hint...it's you) and some prick who was in the midst of stealing the "Box of Goodies," there's not a lot of confrontation.

    So again...don't pick a fight with me by jumping in the middle and call me an "asshole" then proceed to claim innocence. You, my little mongoloid, don't stand a chance. Arrogant, self-righteous or whatever...it's most importantly - correct.
    Hello again.

  6. #36
    Junior Member cwgross144's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    371
     prospectenthusiast
     @corrygross
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxe0213 View Post
    lol I'd say that you're and your is a lot different than saying someone is convicted of murder. Way to dodge the question tho.

    You ARE a moron if you are comparing the difference between your and you're to mistaking a murder conviction. You're a clown.
    Twat was the question? Me no understand.

  7. #37
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,676
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a bunch of hall monitors in this thread
    [B][SIZE=3]

    JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

    My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,312
     Bryan770
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer View Post
    Who really cares? Wait, which part? I've already clearly acknowledged that the initial error/misleading wording wasn't the big issue...but how it was (or more importantly - wasn't) corrected. And "soon to be convicted?" I'm sure Willie Mays would see no difference in being referred to as "aging" vs "soon to be dead.

    Now the funny part...you baited me, I accepted the challenge, now you take the high road? Come on assclown, read my posts...whatever few there are over the past weeks, months, etc...short of bantering with some blathering idiot on a General Chat thread (hint...it's you) and some prick who was in the midst of stealing the "Box of Goodies," there's not a lot of confrontation.

    So again...don't pick a fight with me by jumping in the middle and call me an "asshole" then proceed to claim innocence. You, my little mongoloid, don't stand a chance. Arrogant, self-righteous or whatever...it's most importantly - correct.
    It's one thing to debate a point, which I am glad to do. It's the way you do it though...you mention the point once or twice and then hop on in belittling myself or anybody else who disagrees with you. I am sure your one friend loves you for it.

    The funniest thing here is that this is stuff you would never say to my face. EVER. I called you an asshole because you were being an asshole to a member who donates his time to put together a column for readers to read and attract visitors to this site. Error or not, somebody is not going to stop showing up to the site because it says that Aaron Hernandez was convicted before he actually was (THE HORROR!). Nobody gives a XXXX about your opinion besides yourself....and you have proved this multiple times on here. You jump into a discussion and people withdraw because they don't want to be associated with you, your attitude, your point of view and again the self righteousness.

    If you don't like the way the board is run or me, or those who spend their time on here trying to make it better you can go to blowout, SCF or wherever you like. I'll never understand people who want to come here and tear down everything they see or hear from this site. If it bugs you so much, why come?

  9. #39
    Senior Member WaxPax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Land Of Always Baseball....Sunny Florida
    Posts
    2,771
     WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: This Weeks Hot List is LIVE.... and apparently a big deal on blow out.

    "Loud noises".......

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  10. #40
    Senior Member BBCgalaxee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,346
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: This Weeks Hot List is LIVE.... and apparently a big deal on blow out.

    This thread is in need of....


  11. #41
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    37,134
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    599 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: This Weeks Hot List is LIVE.... and apparently a big deal on blow out.

    Note to self... this is the best way to promote the hot list ever.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  12. #42
    A_Pharis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    20,828
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Next week you should let Hitler write it. [/scandal]

  13. #43
    Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,043
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc398 View Post
    It's one thing to debate a point, which I am glad to do. It's the way you do it though...you mention the point once or twice and then hop on in belittling myself or anybody else who disagrees with you. I am sure your one friend loves you for it.

    The funniest thing here is that this is stuff you would never say to my face. EVER. I called you an asshole because you were being an asshole to a member who donates his time to put together a column for readers to read and attract visitors to this site. Error or not, somebody is not going to stop showing up to the site because it says that Aaron Hernandez was convicted before he actually was (THE HORROR!). Nobody gives a XXXX about your opinion besides yourself....and you have proved this multiple times on here. You jump into a discussion and people withdraw because they don't want to be associated with you, your attitude, your point of view and again the self righteousness.

    If you don't like the way the board is run or me, or those who spend their time on here trying to make it better you can go to blowout, SCF or wherever you like. I'll never understand people who want to come here and tear down everything they see or hear from this site. If it bugs you so much, why come?
    Bravo!!! The blog is corrected!

    Bryan, you don't know me but I would indeed say all of this to your face...if you're truly as dumb as you come off. Now, you may get some macho rocks off by me saying that, but I'm not saying anything aggressive in the slightest. But I'll call out a hypocritical douche without question. So does that mean you'd want to fight me over it macho man? I'm not sure how many moderators are here...possibly more than active members, but those that know me, would expect me to say the same stuff in person. So you can puff your chest out and whatever you feel the need to do but it doesn't change anything here. You came after me. Granted, I called out Corry for his "you're" comment...but it ended there. He had his snarky rebuttal and it was over.

    You then chime in calling me an asshole and implying that all of my posts are confrontational. They aren't. When you're involved, they tend to be because of that thick, mongoloid, vacuous melon of yours vomits out random thoughts without anything cohesive. You're not intelligent. But seriously, I thought that was common knowledge, is it not?

    As for my opinion, regardless of any other opinions in this or previous posts, I was not mentioning opinions here...just facts. I came into this thread to highlight that the "error" was not corrected. That's it. The fact that the blog was not corrected when it was stated multiple times that it was corrected. That's not opinion, but fact. To continue that fact, it was just updated minutes ago. Still curious as to why I had to hammer that point home over, and over again? And again, if the "Hot List" is to be something to promote to help FCB...take some pride, some care.

    Now I'm sure that your countless tasks as moderator don't afford you the time to think about things like public perception, updating topics, articles, etc...but surely if an error/mistake is creating a buzz "rational or irrational" basic logic dictates that someone would resolve it quickly. But hey, that's just me. That's how I roll...see problems and fix them.

    Why do I come to FCB? For you Bryan. For you and your big and dumb manly tough guy nature. But seriously Bryan...no matter how glad you are to debate a point...you can't.
    Hello again.

  14. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To bring things back on topic a bit:

    Does anyone have an idea as to why people are drawn to buying cards and jerseys from a guy that could potentially be convicted for (multiple?!) murders? Aaron Hernandez jerseys are selling for ridiculous money. I understand that there's no more supply. But I don't get why there would be any demand.

    Granted, I bought Fausto Carmona and Leo Nunez autos because I thought it was funny they were autographing fake names. But that's a little different than murder.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    8,448
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You are an asshole."
    "Yeah, well you are an idiot".

    Bravo, guys. You both look really good here. Keep "fighting" like children so this gets to the HOS.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •