User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: Whats the final word on "heores of sport"?

  1. #1
    Senior Member BBCgalaxee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Whats the final word on "heores of sport"?

    Its still not something I can carry in my store in the current form, but would consider if srp was reduced & put in packs.

    Heres what Id like to know, has everything been "legit" as in has everyone gotten their redemptions without a run a around?

    Has the point system been "legit" as well? Did everyone get whatever they won?

    I just hate that theres no choices in the baseball market & have to consider stuff I normally wouldn't.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCgalaxee View Post
    Its still not something I can carry in my store in the current form, but would consider if srp was reduced & put in packs.

    Heres what Id like to know, has everything been "legit" as in has everyone gotten their redemptions without a run a around?

    Has the point system been "legit" as well? Did everyone get whatever they won?

    I just hate that theres no choices in the baseball market & have to consider stuff I normally wouldn't.
    Boomo won the grand prize. That alone should tell you how legit it is.
    Washington Nationals 2017 World Series Champs

  3. #3
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,727
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ljw29 View Post
    Boomo won the grand prize. That alone should tell you how legit it is.
    what grand prize?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    what grand prize?

    BOOMO wins grand prize in Heroic Ticket Giveaway from H.O.S - Blowout Cards Forums
    Washington Nationals 2017 World Series Champs

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,100
     goldenegg1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ljw29 View Post
    Boomo won the grand prize. That alone should tell you how legit it is.
    He won the top prize for week 5, it wasn't the grand prize.
    With that being said, I still wouldn't touch this product or any other ones like it for that matter.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenegg1 View Post
    He won the top prize for week 5, it wasn't the grand prize.
    With that being said, I still wouldn't touch this product or any other ones like it for that matter.
    My apologies didnt read the whole thread. Still that would be like Cgilmo doing a contest for a box and winning it himself. Winner winner
    Washington Nationals 2017 World Series Champs

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,305
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good hits are so watered down with those lottery ticket things and really dumb graded base cards its silly. The lottery tickets went from 1 a case to 2 a case in the later packed boxes/cases. Dont do it to your customers.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,695
     filkinz
     KyleRFilkins
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenegg1 View Post
    He won the top prize for week 5, it wasn't the grand prize.
    With that being said, I still wouldn't touch this product or any other ones like it for that matter.
    That's correct, the majority of the posts I have read over on the other website seem to think that this was the ultimate superduper mega-amazing grand prize. From everything I've heard from people who have had redemptions, they have arrived extremely promptly and packaged very well; that said, I would also not such this with a 10 foot pole.
    Hey, I'm Kyle from Spokane; I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 2, if you or your children would like to volunteer please visit MDA's website.
    I collect pretty much any Seattle Mariner, Seattle Seahawk or Chicago Blackhawk.


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,695
     filkinz
     KyleRFilkins
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ljw29 View Post
    My apologies didnt read the whole thread. Still that would be like Cgilmo doing a contest for a box and winning it himself. Winner winner
    How and why would it be like that? The only thing as far as I can tell that Boomo has to do with HOS is that he opens way more of it than anyone else.
    Hey, I'm Kyle from Spokane; I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 2, if you or your children would like to volunteer please visit MDA's website.
    I collect pretty much any Seattle Mariner, Seattle Seahawk or Chicago Blackhawk.


  10. #10
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    37,149
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Whats the final word on "heores of sport"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ljw29 View Post
    My apologies didnt read the whole thread. Still that would be like Cgilmo doing a contest for a box and winning it himself. Winner winner
    Sign me up!
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  11. #11
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,727
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boomo is selling a whole lot of points of the bay...500+ dollars already.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SydBarrett View Post
    How and why would it be like that? The only thing as far as I can tell that Boomo has to do with HOS is that he opens way more of it than anyone else.
    Like someone else said it is why Radio stations do not let their employees or families enter contests
    Washington Nationals 2017 World Series Champs

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,100
     goldenegg1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There probably isn't any wrongdoing going on, but perception is a big factor here.
    They let boomo get this product early to bust it and promote it. If I were the owners of this company, I would not have let him participate in the drawings. They are already under a microscope for being a new company selling a somewhat iffy product, why add more scrutiny to yourself? Doesn't make sense to me.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenegg1 View Post
    There probably isn't any wrongdoing going on, but perception is a big factor here.
    They let boomo get this product early to bust it and promote it. If I were the owners of this company, I would not have let him participate in the drawings. They are already under a microscope for being a new company selling a somewhat iffy product, why add more scrutiny to yourself? Doesn't make sense to me.
    That is exactly where I am with the situation after finally reading the thread.
    Washington Nationals 2017 World Series Champs

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,265
     GMS-SPORTS-CARDS
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of selling HOS.

    Buy $1 lottery tickets and sell them for $10 each. After the customer scratches the ticket, kick them in the junk and thank them for their business.
    You will have happier customers going this route.

    Or you could make the product yourself.

    Spend a grand buying 10 cards on ebay, at different price ranges. Sell each card for $200.
    This way, you won't need to kick them in the junk. When they get home and find out they just paid you $200, for a card you bought for $80,
    the kick will take care of itself.

    This is the products business model.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •