User Tag List

Thread: Best way to unload almost an entire collection?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to unload almost an entire collection?

Started collecting baseball cards in 2004 and got into the prospecting game in 2006... now that I'm in college and not around my collection 9 months out of the year, it has been tough staying involved with the hobby. I've got hundreds and hundreds of game used and $5 and under auto cards, plus boxes of thousands of base cards (busted probably 5 cases worth of bowman products since 2006) and a pretty nice prospect collection. Not fully leaving the hobby, so I'm not in desperation mode trying to but I definitely want to purge some of the terrible purchases I've made in the past, most of the base cards I have sitting in under my bed and the binders full of game used/auto cards.

What is the best way to go about this? I was only able to list about 250 cards during free listing week on ebay, have made threads on blowout and here, but am having a tough time getting rid of bulk stuff.

Should I get an ebay store subscription and list everything BIN? continue to slowly sell the free listings worth on ebay? I've never had any luck getting decent offers at card shows for my stuff and I don't think the LCS would be willing to take on what I've got.

Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Christian
    Last edited by goblue6919; 07-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.

muskiesfan
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some solid sellers on here that do consignments. Obviously they are going to get a cut, but they will take the time to list, sell, and ship your items for you for a fee and all you do is ship everything to them and collect money.

If I were going to sell my collection, I would definitely consign it to someone. That's a lot to go through and deal with. Plus, some of these people have tons of repeat business so it helps to open your collection up to more people.

I don't know who all does this and I am not trying to ignore anyone or play favorites, but off the top of my head, [MENTION=1897]jcmint[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2558]boomo[/MENTION] are the only definite ones I know of. Maybe [MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION] and maybe [MENTION=1961]ballerskrip[/MENTION]. I'm not sure if [MENTION=2092]BowmanChromeAddict[/MENTION] does or not.

Richezone
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Best way to unload almost an entire collection?

I'd be interested in a huge lot of cheap gu and auto stuff..
    What do you have and how big is the collection?

Rich

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiesfan View Post
    There are some solid sellers on here that do consignments. Obviously they are going to get a cut, but they will take the time to list, sell, and ship your items for you for a fee and all you do is ship everything to them and collect money.

If I were going to sell my collection, I would definitely consign it to someone. That's a lot to go through and deal with. Plus, some of these people have tons of repeat business so it helps to open your collection up to more people.

I don't know who all does this and I am not trying to ignore anyone or play favorites, but off the top of my head, @jcmint and @boomo are the only definite ones I know of. Maybe @markakis8 and maybe @ballerskrip. I'm not sure if @BowmanChromeAddict does or not.
    Thanks for the advice, will definitely consider consigning.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue6919 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, will definitely consider consigning.
    [MENTION=3065]CollectorsCorner[/MENTION] does consignments still too I think.
    [MENTION=2092]BowmanChromeAddict[/MENTION] does not, but has plenty of prospects lots for sale...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Josh Johnson's in that grouping of cards ?

Good luck !

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what would you want for a flat rate box of base ? PM reply