Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How can a product called "Inception" have reprints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Just doing my usual 1998 Bowman Chrome searches on ebay and this made me barf in my mouth a little. I guess it reminds me of why I don't collect modern cards anymore...

in·cep·tion

noun \in-ˈsep-shən\

Definition : an act, process, or instance of beginning

Topps employee #1 : "We want this to be our freshest, most original product ever. We're going to call it inception to reflect that. OK, now what are our ideas for inserts?"

Employee #2 : "How about a reprint set?"

EMployee #1 : "Uh, not really what we were looking for. We already have entire reprint style sets, and we have reprinted almost everything we have ever made more than 10 years ago."

Employee #3 : "How about a reprint of a reprint?"

Employee #1 : "Brilliant. Those are the type of fresh ideas we are looking for around here. You are going to go far at Topps. Let's do it!"

1995 Bowman Paul Konerko
$(KGrHqFHJCUE9qiKtE!2BPjyVfUvQw~~60_3.JPG

1998 Bowman Chrome Paul Konerko 1995 RC Reprint Refractor
$(KGrHqUOKnIE535F(Y2dBOqz,3qfV!~~60_12.JPG

2013 Bowman Inception Paul Konerko Blue Sapphire Refractor ReRePrint
$(KGrHqZHJBYFHK(who08BR1KqE!fP!~~60_3.JPG

The Andy Pettite, Willie Mays, and who knows how many other players are among the ReReprints.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I believe those cards are part of a continuation program across multiple products. Could be wrong, as I haven't seen much inception actually get busted. People grabbed cases and walked.

Members online

Latest posts