Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congrats JEBJJA for winning a box of 2013 Pastime Collection: Enshrined Edition!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
sample-300x55.png

The release for 2013 Pastime Collection: Enshrined Edition is a little more than a month away, and we wanted to give FCB members a chance to win a free box. The main "hit" of the product is the Create your 1/1 Enshrined Cut Masterpiece, where a lucky collector will have the opportunity to choose the two cuts they want from the selection list, the images they want to be painted on their Masterpiece card, and the company of choice for authentication and encapsulation. This puts the collector in total control of creating their card! With eight premium names on the selection list, one can overwhelmed with the decision of which combination top pick. Ruth/Gehrig? Clemente/Robinson? Johnson/Young?

Contest has ended

-------------------------------------

Player selection:

Babe Ruth
Ty Cobb
Lou Gehrig
Cy Young
Roberto Clemente
Jackie Robinson
Walter Johnson
Napoleon Lajoie

For product information Pastime Card Company | 2013 Pastime Collection: Enshrined Edition

For another shot at winning a box, enter the website contest

To read more information about artist Brent Naughton, please visit Brent Naughton

(1/1 Pastime Portraits by artist Brent Naughton)
Brent-Naughton.jpg

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Clemente because he's my favorite player of his era and Ruth because he is the perpetual face of baseball.

Though, Cy Young and Ty Cobb would make a cool card because they were both Freemasons, as am I.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
It is maybe too easy and boring, but there is no way I could pass up a Ruth/Gehrig dual. It is the ultimate duo IMO, and being totally honest, I think it has the highest sale value. If I won, I would be flipping in order to buy a rare auto for my HOF auto collection (I already have everyone on that list).

Nice contest.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Contest - Win a box of 2013 Pastime Collection: Enshrined Edition

While Jackie Robinson would be tempting on anything, I'd have to go with Lajoie/Cobb to commemorate their batting title race, and the ensuing debate that I believe still rages on to this day.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Would this card be a booklet type thing or would one player be on each side of the card?
IMO, the booklet would be an amazing showpiece.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Would this card be a booklet type thing or would one player be on each side of the card?
IMO, the booklet would be an amazing showpiece.

The card is going to be 5x7, but I love the booklet suggestion. I will keep that in mind.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
From the list, I also would take Ruth and Gehrig. Together, they are the ultimate face of baseball.

That being said, if I could dream up a card, it would be Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron. The man who broke the color barrier and the man who ultimately showed that skill, not race, define the athlete (in baseball anyway - Jesse Owens did it elsewhere (how about a cut of Owens and Robinson - that would be incredible)).

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles

Clemente/Gehrig
Both Icons that were taken from the world far too soon.

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois
I think I'd go with Babe Ruth and Cy Young. One has the top pitching award named after him, and the other will always be the benchmark that other hitters throughout history will be compared to.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Clemente and Jackie,They both changed the way the baseball world looked at other races.I feel like they both could of had not so great careers and everyone would still know those 2 names.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Ty Cobb and Roberto Clemente. You would have the guy that the Humanitarian Award is in honor of paired with maybe the biggest A-hole in the history of the game. It would be interesting, funny and definately unique.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

Walter Johnson/Jackie Robinson

Walter Johnson lived in a small town here, called Coffeyville. I played many tournaments on the ball fields that are named after him. Would be awesome to have him on a cut.

Jackie Robinson simply for his place in baseball history and all the crap he was suffered, to get there.

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I would go with the Babe Ruth/Cy Young pairing.

Ruth is a gold standard to hitters and Young a gold standard to pitchers.

sharktitanfan

Aug 31, 2008
I would love a Babe Ruth and Cy Young. Although it would be awesome to have any of these guys on a cut auto card, these icons have historical significance to hitting with power and pitching. Thanks for the contest.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'd go Lajoie / Big Train, because, when speaking with "run of the mill" or "average" baseball fans, they are rarely brought up when asked "Who's some guys who you consider the greatest of all time ?" Plus, I absolutely love learning and reading up on them both, especially Johnson.

Thanks for the contest !

Members online

Latest posts