User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez

Over/under appraisal price: $4.99.

Collecting University of Michigan alum 1/1's in football and basketball. I also collect Ken Griffey Jr. autos, Chicago Cubs and Blackhawks, and Kobe Bryant autos.

Banned
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to clear a few things up with me and about this card.

I am new here to FCB and have never had another username here. I will also always obey the rules and be respectful of other members.

I also wanted to clear up a few misconceptions there seem to be about this card.

I will not refer to this card as a 1/1 because I was instructed not to by the moderator but I would like to point out that Beckett did grade this card and does have it listed as a 1/1. It was also brought to my attention that there is another card like mine owned by someone else but I would like to point out that his card has not been certified or graded.

Another misconception seems to be that this card was backdoored or something and again would like to point out that this is not true. In 2005 the gentleman who pulled it from a pack wrote to Becketts Readers Writes section and Beckett actually asked Topps about this card.

Topps did comment to Beckett (December 2005) in the Readers Writes section of the magazine years back and they said "During production, chrome cards have a tendency to stick together. This is what most likely happened and an unknown number of unsigned cards were accidentally inserted into packs. Any collector in possession of these cards needs to contact our customer service department so we can resolve the situation."

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez

Dave, please continue to post, pitchforks and torches will go away at some point. I wish sooner than later since this XXXX stunts membership growth.

Banned
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the appraisal certificate but I am unsure if they valued it as the card with the autograph or the card without the autograph and will have to clarify that part. I guess they value it at $1200.00

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8769703571698784_296_699[1]-page-001.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	268.0 KB 
ID:	19154
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DAVEPETERS239; 07-10-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh thanks

Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Dave, please continue to post, pitchforks and torches will go away at some point. I wish sooner than later since this XXXX stunts membership growth.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEPETERS239 View Post
    This is the appraisal certificate but I am unsure if they valued it as the card with the autograph or the card without the autograph and will have to clarify that part. I guess they value it at $1200.00

Whoa......
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whichever way they valued it, this is the entertaining part! Welcome to the boards! Its always an interesting discussion about how to "value" certain cards, in relation to selling vs. Insurance purposes, especially on a card not easily replaced
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

corockies
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A card is worth only what you can get someone to pay you for it. A 1/1 has no value until the person with the 1/1 agrees with another person on a price. Until then it's just another card of a player who has such a tarnished history I doubt anyone would pay much more than $20 for it.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get a picture of this card? I feel like the only one who hasn't seen a picture but I bet if I visit the BO thread, it's there

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    Can we get a picture of this card? I feel like the only one who hasn't seen a picture but I bet if I visit the BO thread, it's there
    Nevermind... I see it in the link.

So this card was graded first by Beckett? God, no offense but what a terrible looking card.

Anyways, welcome to the boards!!!

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's not this card, man.

Beckett Card Appraisal means absolutely nothing. You don't even have to send the card in for inspection. You just search beckett's Checklist for the card, add it and they give you a printable PDF with the card you choose along with an "appraisal".

I could go and "appraise" that same card. You can attach an image, but it's not required as anyone that saw that at Beckett would know it's not a 1/1 since other copies have shown up on the market at other times.

And, yes, I instructed you to not try to debate it being a 1/1 - yet, here we are. You have already been extensively shown that it is NOT a 1/1, and that Appraisal isn't worth the time it took to generate the PDF.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For everyone interested:
    Beckett.com

You don't need to own the card. You just submit which card it is. There is nothing that ties that appraisal to this exact card.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    Nevermind... I see it in the link.

So this card was graded first by Beckett? God, no offense but what a terrible looking card.

Anyways, welcome to the boards!!!

It was an unintentionally released card. One that was probably scrapped before release but slipped into packaging (like the 2005 Donruss Inside View cards). The result is that the only legit auto'd 94 reprint is the "SF" (Superfractor)... which this is not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post
    That's not this card, man.

Beckett Card Appraisal means absolutely nothing. You don't even have to send the card in for inspection. You just search beckett's Checklist for the card, add it and they give you a printable PDF with the card you choose along with an "appraisal".

I could go and "appraise" that same card. You can attach an image, but it's not required as anyone that saw that at Beckett would know it's not a 1/1 since other copies have shown up on the market at other times.

And, yes, I instructed you to not try to debate it being a 1/1 - yet, here we are. You have already been extensively shown that it is NOT a 1/1, and that Appraisal isn't worth the time it took to generate the PDF.

Well I am sorry you disagree with Beckett but if you look up the Beckett graded serial number you will see they do refer to it as to it as the 94 Arod Throwback which is supposed to be one card.

In the population report you will also not there is just one of these cards graded.

You are more than welcome to contact Beckett and ask them about this if you would like.

CatdaddysCards55
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is this the same guy that owns the Hosmer 2011 TU Canary that wants $1500 or the authors Canseco RC? Same dillusions.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.
    I have no collecting focus, right now.

Trade Albums

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast