User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEPETERS239 View Post
    It is a pretty rare and valuable card whether you agree or not.

What I don't understand is why do people need to make snide little comments and remarks?

If you don't like my card and have nothing really valuable to add to the discussion just move along. I think we can all live without the stupid little comments.
    You are the only one who thinks its valuable. Either way it is not worth making more threads after the countless ones you made on BO. Yours wasn't even the only one posted in your thread. Who knows how many more exist.

Banned
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCgalaxee View Post
    That "1993 draft pick" card is from the same exact set as yours.

The throwback set features card designs from 1993 to 1997 when topps didn't make cards of him due to contract problems.

THAT circular gold shiny look (on the draft pick card) is what a superfractor looks like.

If a card doesn't have that circular gold shiny look & a 1/1 on it, IT IS NOT A SUPERFRACTOR.

Your card does not have the gold circular shiny look. It also doesnt have a 1/1 stamp on it.

Therefore, it is not a superfractor or 1/1.

I have never seen that 93 card before I don't think. I thought there was only 4 throwback cards from the set with the 94 card being the first.

When I forst got this card and was trying to find out more about it I didn't know that the SF meant SuperFractor. I actually learned about that I think through the first Blowout thread that was totally deleted.

I guess I didn't realize because I am not a SF fan, they remind of the old comic prism type cards and I wasn't a fan of those either really.

I think that when the original checklist for this set was released by Topps it stated the 94 Arod Throwback was a SuperFractor card when it wasn't. I believe it was just a simple typo by Topps but have not been able to confirm that so it's just my opinion. I have tried to ask Topps but they just don't care and never answer.

The 1/1 stamp always bothered me though, if this was the 1/1 card or /1 card where was the serial number? It wasn't till on Blowout cards again that someone mentioned the 1/1 stamp would have actually been on the triangle sticker that is missing. I guess that's how Topps did the 1/1 designation for cards back then.

So I think it's safe to say it is not a SuperFractor but again am unsure a SuperFractor exists for this card.

As for it being a 1/1? Who knows?

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball Box - Complete Set Checklist

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball - A-Rod Throwback Exclusives Checklist
    Base Cards - 4 Per Box
    Parallel Cards: Refractor #/499 - X-Fractor #/99
    - SuperFractors #1/1 -

A-Rod Throwback Base #94AR 1994
    A-Rod Throwback Base #95AR 1995
    A-Rod Throwback Base #96AR 1996
    A-Rod Throwback Base #97AR 1997

Autograph Parallel Cards
    - All Cards Are Refractors - Print Run Shown Below -

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1
    A-Rod Throwback Autographs #95AR 1995 XF #/25
    A-Rod Throwback Autographs #96AR 1996 RF #/50
    A-Rod Throwback Autographs #97AR 1997 CH #/99

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes. I am sure they made Superfractor versions of all of them except the 1994. That's clearly the answer.

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen that 93 card before I don't think. I thought there was only 4 throwback cards from the set with the 94 card being the first.

When I forst got this card and was trying to find out more about it I didn't know that the SF meant SuperFractor. I actually learned about that I think through the first Blowout thread that was totally deleted.

I guess I didn't realize because I am not a SF fan, they remind of the old comic prism type cards and I wasn't a fan of those either really.

I think that when the original checklist for this set was released by Topps it stated the 94 Arod Throwback was a SuperFractor card when it wasn't. I believe it was just a simple typo by Topps but have not been able to confirm that so it's just my opinion. I have tried to ask Topps but they just don't care and never answer.

The 1/1 stamp always bothered me though, if this was the 1/1 card or /1 card where was the serial number? It wasn't till on Blowout cards again that someone mentioned the 1/1 stamp would have actually been on the triangle sticker that is missing. I guess that's how Topps did the 1/1 designation for cards back then.

So I think it's safe to say it is not a SuperFractor but again am unsure a SuperFractor exists for this card.

As for it being a 1/1? Who knows?

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball Box - Complete Set Checklist

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball - A-Rod Throwback Exclusives Checklist
    Base Cards - 4 Per Box
    Parallel Cards: Refractor #/499 - X-Fractor #/99
    - SuperFractors #1/1 -

A-Rod Throwback Base #94AR 1994
    A-Rod Throwback Base #95AR 1995
    A-Rod Throwback Base #96AR 1996
    A-Rod Throwback Base #97AR 1997

Autograph Parallel Cards
    - All Cards Are Refractors - Print Run Shown Below -

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1
    A-Rod Throwback Autographs #95AR 1995 XF #/25
    A-Rod Throwback Autographs #96AR 1996 RF #/50
    A-Rod Throwback Autographs #97AR 1997 CH #/99

A mystery that will rival Stonehenge.

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

Banned
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post
    Yes. I am sure they made Superfractor versions of all of them except the 1994. That's clearly the answer.

If there is a SuperFractor version of this card then what would this card be? The same version of the SuperFractor just missing the SuperFractor swirls?

Is that even possible?

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is a SuperFractor version of this card then what would this card be? The same version of the SuperFractor just missing the SuperFractor swirls?

Is that even possible?

It doesn't seem possible with all the facts that you've presented.

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is hilarious. I read the whole thing and am not entirely sure what the TS is trying to achieve.

Is it a card for your own collection? If so, great! Keep on calling it a 1/1 and enjoy it. Or are you looking to sell it? If so, there is absolutely no way it would sell for more than $20 on ebay. I'm thinking $5 to $10 max.

Hell, what do you think a REAL A-rod 1/1 goes for (non-autoed)? Do an ebay search for alex rodriguez 1/1 -auto in completed listings. $150 or so, MAX.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This card will never be in the hands of someone who appreciates it more than you do, that much is clear. In other words, you will probably never find someone willing to pay more for it than the value you think it is worth.

So at the end of the day, I think the card is in the hands of the right owner. I don't think you're trying to sell it, and I don't think anyone is going to make an offer on it anytime soon. Selling it will probably just disappoint you, so why not just keep it and be happy with things the way they are? You will never get a straight answer from either Topps or Beckett. The guys on these boards have forgotten more about cards than Beckett or Topps will ever know. Just put a pic of that in your sig or make it your avatar and move on to the next one.
    Trade List: https://www.freewebs.com/heritagetrade/

Be on the lookout for these cards, and win* a "prize"
    -2007 Topps '52 Signatures Red Ink #52S-MBB Michael Bourn /52
    -2007 Topps '52 Combo Signatures Alex Gordon / Ryan Braun

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez

I just don't understand your need to label this card as something off of Beckett's checklist when there's 1000s of cards proven to exist that are NOT on Beckett's checklist. Beckett did well back in the day establishing their reputation but face it, they don't know everything and Topps doesn't know what goes in half of their products so......
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beckett is not an absolute. The folks at Beckett have inaccurately labeled one of Cal's minor league cards for years. I provided original documentation to Beckett in an attempt to get them to correct the mistake. No changes were made.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2013 Alex Rodriguez Yankees 1 1 Yellow Print Plate Topps Tribute | eBay
    2013 Museum Alex Rodriguez 1 1 Jumbo Game Used Material | eBay
    2004 Upper Deck SP Authentic 79 Alex Rodriguez Home Run 36 1 1 | eBay
    2008 Topps Moments and Milestones Alex Rodriguez 1 1 | eBay
    Alex Rodriguez 2003 Donruss Team Heroes Timeline Threads 1 1 Atlantic City Nat | eBay
    2009 Triple Threads White Whale Auto Relic Alex Rodriguez Yankees Ttar 139 1 1 | eBay
    2012 Bowman Chrome Superfractor Alex Rodriguez New York Yankees 1 1 | eBay
    04 Absolute Alex Rodriguez Logo Patch Auto 1 1 | eBay
    2005 Alex Rodriguez Printing Plate 1 1 | eBay
    2007 Topps Road to 500 Alex Rodriguez Auto True 1 1 | eBay
    2013 Topps Tribute Alex Rodriguez 1 1 Bat Plate | eBay
    2012 Triple Threads Alex Rodriguez Jumbo Triple Yankee Logo Patch Autograph 1 1 | eBay

Here is a few of DOZENS of A-Rod 1/1s that have actually sold on eBay. Save for a bat barrel name plate, none of them sold for over $500. The ones that did get to the $400 range had multiple G/U pieces and were autographed. Even assuming what you have is the ONLY one in existence, it's really no different than an industry special or convention release. Those seem to get about $100 or so.

There's the market, you can see where your card fits in (based on what it is AND what it isn't), and you can assume reasonable value.

You're welcome.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is that even possible?
    It's called a manufacturing error. They used the same structure as the Super but did not use the Super finish. Hence - probably why they were scrapped.
    This has been explained, man. Have you still not gotten the answer you wanted?

Hold on...

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This card posted in the OP is clearly worth $1200.00 and is probably the most rare and coveted Alex Rodriguez card in existence.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The domain names you own are more valuable than this card. That's actually serious.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Let's move forward.

Congrats on your BGS sub
    I second this post.....To the OP don't worry about being bullied here, unless you persistently post about how all prospectors are stupid for buying cards of minor leaguers for hundreds of dollars.

Welcome to the site, congrads on your BGS sub as for the value on it, the answer is easy, and the same for every other baseball card. It's worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast