User Tag List

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: July Group Submission Thread (BGS)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July Group Submission Thread (BGS)

Quote Originally Posted by chocsports2000 View Post
    THEN SUBMIT YOUR CARDS ON YOUR OWN AND QUIT WHINING ABOUT A PROCESS YOU'RE NOT A PARTICIPANT IN. You should understand that Chris, and his predecessor Mason, both do this for FREE. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. They don't get any monetary compensation for running the group sub process every month. Therefore, Chris DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU! Want to XXXXX and whine about communication? Try submitting your own cards and dealing with Beckett, let us know how that works out for you. This may come as a surprise, but Chris doesn't have time to post in this forum 1-2 times a day to say "you're not going to believe this, but I haven't heard anything from Beckett, even though it's a Sunday. Those lazy so-n-sos!!!" Don't like the way BGS works? Then submit your cards to PSA or GAI or don't get them graded all together. Furthermore, it is incredibly na´ve to think that because our group subs a couple hundred cards every month that a company like BGS which goes through tens of thousands of cards every month is going to make ours the #1 priority and that the #1 priority in Chris' day is to check on the status of our cards. I'm going to venture a wild guess here and say that Chris has other things going on in his life, many of which take prescience and are more important than what BGS is doing with our cards. Would we have liked this month's sub to go better? Heck yeah! But complaining about Chris' PERCEIVED lack of communication is like complaining about the weather man when he tells you it's going to be hot tomorrow. We all made the choice to submit our cards, just like you made the choice to post in this thread when you have zero investment nor involvement and are just acting like a troll. Go get some cheese for your whine and leave the submitting to people who are appreciative of the work that Chris (and Mason in the past) puts in to get our cards graded at an awesome price.
    I hope that made you feel big and strong. There is a "perceived" lack of communication and no responses for days throughout these submissions. That is the simplest thing to change to help those who submit frustrations. I think you and most people differ on the opinion that yes, a person running a sub, should make the time, I don't care if its a Sunday or any other day, to drop in and take the 15 seconds to post something, even of its no real details, at least it's showing that aren't ignoring the members. No one is saying they aren't appreciative that the sub is available, however that doesn't mean they are appreciative of that "perceived" lack of communication. I'm glad you beat your chest and protected Chris, of which he doesn't need your help. If Chris had a real problem w/my post he would have let me know. He answered it, and we both moved on w/out issue. We didn't need you to get involved, thanks. If you want to post more, that's fine, there will no response. Thanks for your time

Ryan
    Last edited by RStadlerASU22; 09-01-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    I hope that made you feel big and strong. There is a "perceived" lack of communication and no responses for days throughout these submissions. That is the simplest thing to change to help those who submit frustrations. I think you and most people differ on the opinion that yes, a person running a sub, should make the time, I don't care if its a Sunday or any other day, to drop in and take the 15 seconds to post something, even of its no real details, at least it's showing that aren't ignoring the members. No one is saying they aren't appreciative that the sub is available, however that doesn't mean they are appreciative of that "perceived" lack of communication. I'm glad you beat your chest and protected Chris, of which he doesn't need your help. If Chris had a real problem w/my post he would have let me know. He answered it, and we both moved on w/out issue. We didn't need you to get involved, thanks. If you want to post more, that's fine, there will no response. Thanks for your time

Ryan
    ^^^^^this also
    https://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/03supto/FSFT/

let me know if you have LAMICHAEL JAMES!!!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the sub pops soon!!! Sounds liek a bunch of you are getting 9.5s already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoseyBuster View Post
    I hope the sub pops soon!!! Sounds liek a bunch of you are getting 9.5s already
    So far I have all 9.5 and even a couple 10 but couldn't track down my Ripken yet where a 9.5 would be a gift. Monday is a holiday so I'm guessing the 10 and 20 day stuff all pops at once on Tuesday since it appears most, if not all, cards are now in the pop report.
    Any statement of opinion in the above post is mine only and may not reflect that of my employer or coworkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
    So far I have all 9.5 and even a couple 10 but couldn't track down my Ripken yet where a 9.5 would be a gift. Monday is a holiday so I'm guessing the 10 and 20 day stuff all pops at once on Tuesday since it appears most, if not all, cards are now in the pop report.
    Still missing 3....
    https://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/03supto/FSFT/

let me know if you have LAMICHAEL JAMES!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three cards of mine graded so far. My Doug Martin got a 9.5/10, Biddle got a 9.5/10, and Pederson got my worst grade ever, a 9/8. Don't know how that happened

Senior Member MartinFFcollector's Avatar
     1989_fleer_bill_ripken_collector
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THEN SUBMIT YOUR CARDS ON YOUR OWN AND QUIT WHINING ABOUT A PROCESS YOU'RE NOT A PARTICIPANT IN. You should understand that Chris, and his predecessor Mason, both do this for FREE. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. They don't get any monetary compensation for running the group sub process every month.
    I thought I read Chris say he does make a little off of this. Maybe indirectly. [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] Do you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinFFcollector View Post
    I thought I read Chris say he does make a little off of this. Maybe indirectly. @cgilmo Do you?
    I know for sure that Mason did not and am under the impression that it is the same case with Chris, though I could be wrong.
    Collecting Jeff Teague

https://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i5/chocsports2000/

Building these sets currently:
    97-98 Flair Showcase Row 0: 79/80=.9875

Senior Member MartinFFcollector's Avatar
     1989_fleer_bill_ripken_collector
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to think that it was a "hookup" and rolled with the punches but later read Chris state awhile back that FCB did make a little off group subs. I don't have a link to quote him saying that but I'm pretty sure. Not many businesses survive non-profit without making a profit.
    I know for sure that Mason did not and am under the impression that it is the same case with Chris, though I could be wrong.

CatdaddysCards55
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any one of you can get the same bulk submission deal, that FCB gets. Maybe someone else should do it and free up CG?

I have a deal with BGS myself. I passed on bulk submission and went with certified submission center. Prices are lower and I don't have a minimum sub.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.
    I have no collecting focus, right now.

Trade Albums

Jackg1980
     Jackg1980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatdaddysCards View Post
    Any one of you can get the same bulk submission deal, that FCB gets. Maybe someone else should do it and free up CG?

I have a deal with BGS myself. I passed on bulk submission and went with certified submission center. Prices are lower and I don't have a minimum sub.

Not at 5.50$ a card. THey raised the prices on everyone else.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: July Group Submission Thread (BGS)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinFFcollector View Post
    I thought I read Chris say he does make a little off of this. Maybe indirectly. [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] Do you?
    What little is made is enough to cover shipping variance and mistakes.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

CatdaddysCards55
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
    Not at 5.50$ a card. THey raised the prices on everyone else.
    Never really looked at the pricing, so didn't notice it was $5.50. What I pay is slightly higher, but I do something different than bulk.

Trade Albums

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatdaddysCards View Post
    Never really looked at the pricing, so didn't notice it was $5.50. What I pay is slightly higher, but I do something different than bulk.

and if you did what I do, your prices would be even higher

a lot of months I take a loss and waste hours and hours on this

I guess it's worth it to make the board more engaging.

CatdaddysCards55
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    and if you did what I do, your prices would be even higher

a lot of months I take a loss and waste hours and hours on this

I guess it's worth it to make the board more engaging.
    I meant my price from BGS is slightly higher. I know full well what you deal with on this sub. That's why I sent you the IM I did. It's a big, pain in the ass. Not just the dealing with getting cards to and from BGS, but the paperwork and everything.

That's all I meant Chris. It was in no way intended to be a shot at you or your pricing. If I were you, I'd probably charge a bit more, considering the volume you do. My largest sub has been 160, and I don't have any desire to do that again.

Trade Albums

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast