Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nothing on Lincecum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
A no hitter is great... but 148 pitches is INSANE.

I think he'll be fine - it's much long rest with the All-Star Break.

I like the chances of VanderMeer's mark remaining safe - Lincecum will be on long rest and I doubt
he really can have his pitches working that great a second time in a row.

sharktitanfan

Aug 31, 2008
Well, if you're gonna throw that many pitches, it's best to do it rigt before the All Star break.
Great effort by Lincecum last night. The All Star Break definitely played a role in the pitch count allowed. Both he and the Giants needed this effort. He has certainly accomplished a great deal in a relatively short career. Not sure how much he has left, but it was nice to see him accomplish this feat.

Jan 15, 2009
Now we will hear about arm issues in his upcoming starts when he goes 1-5 with an ERA of 8.55

A no hitter is great... but 148 pitches is INSANE. Was Dusty Baker the honorary manager last night?
If it was anyone other than Lincecum I would have been worried. But he routinely threw more pitches in college and his arm is made of rubber.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I'll tell you where Lincecum will see popularity now, with collectors of no hitter autographs. Guys who go for those will be lining up now for his sig where they would not have given a 2nd thought before.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm just proud that none of you used the annoying name "Lincy" in this thread.
That stupid knickname was used so much on this board a few years ago when he was good. (mostly by awol member darocker)

Members online

Latest posts