Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worth Grading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carli5le

Jul 20, 2013
WA
Hey guys, I have a couple cards I'm thinking about getting graded. Both are from Topps Chrome, I would appreciate any input. I have never personally sent anything in to be graded, so I'm not exactly sure as to what I'm looking for (corners, surface, edges, centering), but the centering appears to be off on my gold card - not sure how off or what impact it will make on the grading. Please feel free to share your two bits, thanks everyone!

The Gold is /50
The Blue is /199

Also, I've heard this is a great website for BGS group submissions or BGS submissions. In general it's much cheaper- so I've heard.... been playing around on the site a little bit but can't seem to find anything in regards to the BGS submission process through the website. Sorry for the nube-ish questions. Thanks again!

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 60
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 59

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Its the right place indeed and welcome. To to the grading submission forum to see how to send these in.

Carli5le

Jul 20, 2013
WA
Thank you for the warm greeting, can you direct me to the "grading submission forum?"

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
click on the forum tab on the upper left side of this page go to that forum

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I am not a fan of armchair 'scan grading', but even then a very crisp/clean/clear scan is in order and the 2 you have provided fall short. I can not be certain of the edges, surface, and without a scan of the back it is all but useless. Having said that, I will still vote 'no' for both. The Blue looks to have a significantly dinged bottom right corner and the gold seems to be suffering from a diamond cut, more pronounced on the top edge.

Hope this helps.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I agree, neither would be 9.5. Still really nice cards, but not worth grading, IMO.

Carli5le

Jul 20, 2013
WA
You're absolutely right, scan grading isn't ideal but it's what I have to work with at the moment. I didn't know the back was important, please look at the attachments - back of cards. back gold.jpgback blue.jpg

I am not a fan of armchair 'scan grading', but even then a very crisp/clean/clear scan is in order and the 2 you have provided fall short. I can not be certain of the edges, surface, and without a scan of the back it is all but useless. Having said that, I will still vote 'no' for both. The Blue looks to have a significantly dinged bottom right corner and the gold seems to be suffering from a diamond cut, more pronounced on the top edge.

Hope this helps.

Members online