Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Garza Traded to the Rangers for Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards, Justin Grimm & PTBNL(S?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Matt Garza Pulled From Tonight's Start - Trade to Rangers Near

It'll be interesting to see if it changed from the original terms leaked last week.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
According to the usual suspects the deal is back on, and close to fruition.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

One report I heard here in Chi_town was he was on his way to Texas and could start Wednesday against the Yankees. That is if he is truly headed there. I'll be at that game since I
ll be in town

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Matt Garza Pulled From Tonight's Start - Trade to Rangers Near

Reportedly Olt, Edwards and a third player.

Edit: might be a fourth player as well.

Last edited:

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

Hate to see him go but I like the return for him. My question is where does Olt fit if they plan on moving Baez to 3B?

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008

Hate to see him go but I like the return for him. My question is where does Olt fit if they plan on moving Baez to 3B?

They're just stockpiling assets. Not like they'll both be at the same level. Plenty of time to maneuver.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Matt Garza Pulled From Tonight's Start - Trade to Rangers Near

Justin Grimm is the third guy, plus a PTBNL.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
They're just stockpiling assets. Not like they'll both be at the same level. Plenty of time to maneuver.

My thinking as well. No reason to make any rush decisions on who fits when and where. Just keep stockpiling these dudes, Olt, Almora, Baez, Soler, Lake, Rizzo, Castro, etc. It will all pay off soon enough.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

Edwards sounds very intriguing. Just read reports on him and from the sounds of it he could be as big or bigger than Olt in this trade.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
My thinking as well. No reason to make any rush decisions on who fits when and where. Just keep stockpiling these dudes, Olt, Almora, Baez, Soler, Lake, Rizzo, Castro, etc. It will all pay off soon enough.

I got to see Almora and Voglebach last Friday and Scott Baker was starting his rehab and was rocked big time
Almora was 0-3 with a walk

Voglebach was 2-4 1k and a run scored Kid has 14 Hrs on the year and 62 RBI

And Baker only went 2.2 innings had 6 hits 6 run all have been earned. He is now pitched rehab 5.2 innings given up 12 hits 10 runs 10 earned runs don't see him return to the Cubs any time soon :lol:

Also see Corey Seagar of the Dodgers Friday as well as James Baldwins kid (James) and Jose Valentin's kid (Jesmuel)
Seagar was 2-5 with 2 RBI, double and a run scored

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a Rangers fan, I hope trading Olt doesn't backfire like when they traded Chris Davis a couple of years ago.
I like Garza and hope Texas is able to sign him to a long-term deal after the season.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Those of you who attend Kane County Cougars games will have a new incentive, as I assume that's where Edwards is headed (he played for Low-A Hickory).

He's my favorite part of this trade.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Those of you who attend Kane County Cougars games will have a new incentive, as I assume that's where Edwards is headed (he played for Low-A Hickory).

He's my favorite part of this trade.

I'll see if I can hit up a few more games and get you an autographed ball :lol:

Here is his line for the season
Team League W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO GO/AO AVG
HIC SAL 8 2 1.83 18 18 1 0 0 93.1 62 28 19 0 34 122 1.60 .186
Minors 8 2 1.83 18 18 1 0 0 93.1 62 28 19 0 34 122 1.60 .186

Last edited:

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Matt Garza Traded to the Rangers for Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards, Justin Grimm & PTBNL

Don't forget we have Kris Bryant too

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Two? Is that a typo?

Chicago Cubs ‏@Cubs
#Cubs today acquired INF Mike Olt, RHP Justin Grimm, RHP C.J. Edwards and two players to be named from the Texas Rangers for RHP Matt Garza.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Re: Matt Garza Traded to the Rangers for Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards, Justin Grimm & PTBNL

I wonder what the Sox can get for Peavy now. Nice haul for the rubs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts