Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I've started the MT on the weekend before. I think some see the MT as exclusionary when it is one of the most helpful groups I've ever come across.

That's exactly what I DON'T want. I want people to stop in, participate in discussions, and stick around to the point that they look forward to seeing the mail days that everyone posts and hopefully get some help with their own collection. Just collectors helping each other out and enjoying the hobby. It's really that simple for me.

A_Pharis

That's exactly what I DON'T want. I want people to stop in, participate in discussions, and stick around to the point that they look forward to seeing the mail days that everyone posts and hopefully get some help with their own collection. Just collectors helping each other out and enjoying the hobby. It's really that simple for me.

We can come up with written rules that are both non-exclusionary and enforceable. (Is that a word?)
Dan, you've always been the best person for this - no question. We do not, however, want just ANYONE to race to see who can start it... so there does have to be some middle ground. You guys brainstorm that for me, please.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The MT norm, not rule, was discussed about the time of the Miggy situation when we had multiple threads daily and many started by members that drove MT and FCB contributors away from the site. At that time the MT thought it best for Dan to continue starting the weekday thread due to continuity and regularity, something carried over from the BMB. Also Dan had always been a driving force behind gifts and other good deeds. I do realize that he has done this awhile and a break may be in order. As a mod I try not to start the thread and only do so if it is not started by 630 or so on the weekend, which is rare.

Since this issue has once again arisen how do we as a unified team move forward so everyone feels included and welcome.
A. Should one person, does not need to be Dan, be the daily starter?
B. Any member that posts throughout the day can start the thread at appox 5a?
C. Other?

Honestly I lean to B but have stuck with A based upon group norms that are more than 15 years old. If Dan wishes a break I say B but hope that someone will also not let gifts, cards, and tributes fall to the wayside. Also please continue the distinguishable title so the MT is easy to locate.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Hopefully this isn't reading as me stepping away from the MT, because that is far from the case. I still want to be involved as much as possible, but I certainly dont want to discourage others from starting it.

Honestly, I think Barry is awake before me. Or at least it seems that way.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Not going anywhere. Ive made too many good friends in the hobby to leave.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Looking forward to seeing what everyone picked up for their collection in Chicago.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Good morning.

fa949b7b-77e2-42ae-888e-0e54063005d3_zps99deee69.jpg

Good morning! Submitting mine for a solid third place.

1993%20Donruss%20Long%20Ball%20Leaders%20LL17.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Good morning.

Civic holiday today, which means the weekend continues!

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

i own two civics. Does that mean i get a four day weekend? :)

I visit the MT on occasion, but usually by the time my morning visit comes around, its afternoon for most of the group. Which has its perks (pages of posts to read), and negatives (no one really posts in the MT in the afternoon). But i do agree that the original poster should stick around for the ensuing conversations instead of going to bed. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Well, finally ordered the sheets for my 1953 set, along with one more card coming in! Now I just need to find the right binder, dust cover combo!

Also, potentially really good news otw, just waiting until confirmation is final!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
morning guys
I just woke up again, and I'm going to get lunch. As for the topic of the day here, I don't care who starts this and never have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts