Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper vs Teheran: round 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
"you're gonna die, that's XXXXing bullXXXX"

Captured right there on video. Classic, I love it.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Punk move by Teheran. He is lucky giving up a free base runner didnt cost them the game. You don't pull that XXXX in a one run game.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Punk move by Teheran. He is lucky giving up a free base runner didnt cost them the game. You don't pull that XXXX in a one run game.

agreed...I'm not 100% sure it was intentional...i'm not arguing whether it was or not...but if it WAS intentional....completely stupid...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This rivalry between them goes all the way back to Ext. ST '11, when Teheran made Harper look silly on three pitches, and apparently he didn't take it too well, from what I've read.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
agreed...I'm not 100% sure it was intentional...i'm not arguing whether it was or not...but if it WAS intentional....completely stupid...

I think the commentators pretty much nailed it...you don't miss your spot by that much at the Major League level, especially for a pitcher who had been hitting his spots all night. Pretty clearly intentional.

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
If Harper tried anything he would have had to face the forearms of Dan uggla

I like Harper's inspirational motives for his team...they seem to be responding well by at least playing competitively even as they fall further and further behind....Go Braves!

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Young guys admiring own homers deserve to get drilled. Julio kept it below the waist. That's baseball.

Do they? Says who? And yes, it is baseball-- it's called bushleague baseball where a ***** of a pitcher can't handle having his ego popped.

Harper didn't hot dog anything, nor did Teheran even see him looking at the homer.

Teheran (after the game) claims he didn't want to make another mistake to Harper-- and so he beaned him to make sure that didn't happen-- but claims he was just trying to throw inside.

If Julio truly made a mistake by hitting him, he would have made that clear to Harper immediately after hitting him. He showed and said nothing to him as Harper marched to 1B yelling. Non bushleague pitchers would go after the hitter the next time to strike them out. But if the ego is shattered, the little biatches can't do anything else but throw at guys.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Do they? Says who? And yes, it is baseball-- it's called bushleague baseball where a ***** of a pitcher can't handle having his ego popped.

Harper didn't hot dog anything, nor did Teheran even see him looking at the homer.

Teheran (after the game) claims he didn't want to make another mistake to Harper-- and so he beaned him to make sure that didn't happen-- but claims he was just trying to throw inside.

If Julio truly made a mistake by hitting him, he would have made that clear to Harper immediately after hitting him. He showed and said nothing to him as Harper marched to 1B yelling. Non bushleague pitchers would go after the hitter the next time to strike them out. But if the ego is shattered, the little biatches can't do anything else but throw at guys.

I agree. The war on celebration is ridiculous, what is so wrong with enjoying baseball?! Nobody cares when it's basketball, football, tennis, etc. but when someone shows an inkling of happiness when playing baseball everyone says, "he deserves to get hit in the face with 100 mph fastball." It's insane that people are so brainwashed by the old school philosophies that they think enjoying a game deserves punishment.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
He's 20 - plenty of kids feel entitled to respect then yell f-you when it isn't given. He's got many years ahead to celebrate homers with all kinds of swaggy and whatnot. This incident is nothing to get excited over.

Members online

Latest posts