Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Perfect Game All-American Classic Thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
So Michael Chavis won the HR Challenge today...

The big game is only a day away...

Who are you guys most interested in seeing during tomorrows game???

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
So Michael Chavis won the HR Challenge today...

The big game is only a day away...

Who are you guys most interested in seeing during tomorrows game???

Bellinger and Sheffield, the two Vanderbilt commits.

If anyone at the game is able to get an extra signed card of either Justin Bellinger or Justus Sheffield, please (please) pm me.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I'm most interested in seeing everybody. Because everybody is good this year. Seriously.

Well maybe not Bryce Montes de Oca cuz he's out w/ tommy john. but even he has 1st round potential

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Finally made it to SD... After a 6hour drive that usually only takes me like 2 1/2 hours... gotta love LA traffic...

Sent from my VS910 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
I'm hoping they let you have sets if you buy X amount of tickets like they did last year...

Sent from my Xoom using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Their Facebook says 30 tickets for $5 each for a set...supposedly one set per person.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
The guy the does the "ticket exchange" told me that they only got 100 card sets and 500 of the posters...

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Was a able to get around 10 cards, went through the line a few times. One card per ticket and they wouldn't let us pick our card like last year.

I was able to get Touki, Kolek, and Jackson. I'm happy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Anybody else notice that Topps' "Preview" of the cards looks nothing like them?

My theory is the "preview" versions will turn out to be the certified autographed versions that get inserted into packs of 2014 BCDP next year.

This way, there's no confusion between IP's and the real thing.

cwgross144

May 26, 2012
Virginia
My theory is the "preview" versions will turn out to be the certified autographed versions that get inserted into packs of 2014 BCDP next year.

This way, there's no confusion between IP's and the real thing.

Yeah, that could be. Doesn't look like I'll be able to afford a set this year!

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Great game...

Sucked for getting cards or autographs...

Talked to the guy doing the ticket exchange again... He told me this is the last year that Topps is doing it... Next year it is suppose to be Leaf cards...

The last time I spoke with that guy ( shortly after the game started) he told me they gave all the cards away... There were still people coming in asking for the giveaways and he was telling them everything was gone... So I went back upstairs and looked back and he was giving the other employes stacks of cards... I then saw him take a couple boxes of sets and put them in his backpack before he left...

Here is a pic of him with the sets after he stopped giving them away...

Attachments

• 1376281288713.jpg
    1376281288713.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 51

socalsignatures

Aug 28, 2008
Great game...

Sucked for getting cards or autographs...

Talked to the guy doing the ticket exchange again... He told me this is the last year that Topps is doing it... Next year it is suppose to be Leaf cards...

The last time I spoke with that guy ( shortly after the game started) he told me they gave all the cards away... There were still people coming in asking for the giveaways and he was telling them everything was gone... So I went back upstairs and looked back and he was giving the other employes stacks of cards... I then saw him take a couple boxes of sets and put them in his backpack before he left...

Here is a pic of him with the sets after he stopped giving them away...

The only defense to this would be that they gave away multiple sets via twitter at the game. Every year i've dealt with that guy for cards he has been super good to me and others. It would bum me out if there games being played...

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Oh, that was pretty fun. My daughter got to go on the field for a dizzy bat race and got to keep the maple bat! She also had DJ Peters give her a PG baseball that she got ~20 guys to sign. I only got a couple cards signed (Toussaint personalized and the MVP!), but I did get 2 posters with all but 2 autographs (Pimentel and Aiken).

I wasn't going to get a set @$150! That's insane--the price of 2 sets last year! I read here that Leaf will be doing the set next year? It would be nice to have it possible to get a set for $75 again.

Anthony

Members online

Latest posts