Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cuban Barry Bonds defects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
How is there always a "next big Cuban prospect" that everyone is supposed to have heard of that is so much better than the last one?

bmc398

May 25, 2009
How is there always a "next big Cuban prospect" that everyone is supposed to have heard of that is so much better than the last one?

It's a baseball factory. All of their top athletes are conditioned to play Baseball, and baseball alone from a young age.

That said, the reason the next guy is supposed to be so much better than the last guy is that the last guy was always overhyped. The real question is, when will they stop hyping these guys and paying them such ridiculous money before even seeing a MiLB pitch?

It's a baseball factory. All of their top athletes are conditioned to play Baseball, and baseball alone from a young age.

That said, the reason the next guy is supposed to be so much better than the last guy is that the last guy was always overhyped. The real question is, when will they stop hyping these guys and paying them such ridiculous money before even seeing a MiLB pitch?

I cant wait until this happens!!!! It wont but I wish it would

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
It's one thing I'm grateful to this guy for:

castrobaseball.jpg
castro.jpg

fidel.jpg

fidel-castro_jimmy-carter-20532-20090804-35.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

Weren't the last 2 Puig and Chapman? Not too shabby...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Anyone notice it is the "Top" player that makes it out? Seldom do we see the average player have the opportunity to defect.

People see these guys and know they are good enough to get them out of the country.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Other recent cuban defectors are Kendry Morales, Yonder Alonso, Dayan Viciedo, Jose Iglesias, Leonys Martin and Alexei Ramirez.

Last edited:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Signing them is not much different than signing any other international free agent some pan out better than others. Same for american draft picks.

I think what causes the added hype is the fact the players have to defect basically running away from the country to be able to sign versus the freedom of international prospects or the posting fees associated with the Asian players.

Members online

Latest posts