Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

thoughts on getting a superfractor autographed in person????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I know it probably isn't the smartest thing as far as value on the cards go, but I've been considering getting both my Jemile Weeks superfractors autographed since he's still down here in Sacramento. I have both the topps chrome & bowman chrome superfractors . I doubt ill ever be parting with my collection so they would be staying with me. I know most people will say do what you want its your collection but just wanted everyones opinion???? thanks

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Do it.

Just make SURE you USE a BLUE STAEDTLER!!!!

And I would used it a bit to make the tip more rounded, it makes a slightly thicker autograph than a fresh pen and makes the sign pop out more.

Also make sure he does it in the right area, i think it might look tacky if its signed sideways or in a small area.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Some guy had the Miguel Cabrera 2012 Bowman Chrome Super signed and slabbed by PSA if you search on eBay for it in the sold listings you can find it

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Just don't have him sign it on the patch (That's a National Treasures burn ;) ). Honestly though, I say get the Topps Chrome autographed but keep the Bowman Chrome as is. That way you still have a true rainbow/chance at one without wondering how to get all the rest signed :)

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Just don't have him sign it on the patch (That's a National Treasures burn ;) ). Honestly though, I say get the Topps Chrome autographed but keep the Bowman Chrome as is. That way you still have a true rainbow/chance at one without wondering how to get all the rest signed :)

yeah that honestly crossed my mind wondering where he would sign it. I have the complete rainbow on the topps chrome & only missing the red refractor on the Bowman chrome. [MENTION=2481]mredsox89[/MENTION] has the red refractor so hopefully we can work out a deal. we worked out a deal for the BC super and the bowman red 1/1 so that ones next on my list.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
is there any safe way to remove the signature if he did sign it like ****???? isn't there ways to prep the card before as well with baby powder or something???

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Don't get it signed scan the card to 8*11 on photo paper and TTM or IP that

For some reason just not the same for me, it's either the real deal or nothing. I already have a game used bat he signed for me so it's more of just getting the actual superfractors signed.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
This might help you...
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1376542394.073583.jpg
This bad boy was graded I busted it out of the slab when I found out that Wayne was going to be at a golf tournament I was going to. At the end of the day it's still your PC. IMO PC value is higher than book/sell value...

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
If you can get it autographed, check out the style of autograph Weeks has been giving out and ask yourself if you'd be fine with a shortened version that he maybe signing as opposed to ones he did five or six years ago.

Looks like the surface of the cards are different since they are parallels - it maybe just a little tougher to take an autograph but if you prep it with a white eraser or rub it against clothing, it should be OK to be signed.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
There is no way I would get that signed. Even if you intend to keep it in your collection I still wouldn't do it. I think it would take away from it. But like you said, it is yours to do with what you want.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
You definitely need to prep it first with baby powder. I'd get it signed in blue sharpie as long as it's prepped first. If you use a steadler you don't have to prep it but I would just in case. You'd hate for the signature to bubble no matter what marker you use. If it doesn't come out the way you want you can take the signature off by using an expo dry erase marker and wiping it away with a Kleenex or some other soft clothe.

Members online

Latest posts