Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Pinnacle Mint Coin Silver versus Solid Silver - Difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Pretty simple, what is the difference between the two other than the obvious that I'm sure one is actually solid silver and the other is some sort of silver foil or something? Also, I can see the Solid Silver has a print run of 20 (?), does it say "1 of 20" on the back?

Seeing examples from people who have their guy would be great!

[I posted this in the '90s thread but thought it'd get more attention as an actual thread :)]

CARDMAN

May 20, 2011
Lufkin , Texas
I used to have some of these things , but it has been so long ago that I had them That I don't remember much about them , had a silver Barry Sanders and a Gold one back in the day , wish I had a memory .

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Replied in 90's thread too. I would assume it would have a Sterling stamp like the Topps Gallery of Champion sets. No idea, just a guess.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Replied in 90's thread too. I would assume it would have a Sterling stamp like the Topps Gallery of Champion sets. No idea, just a guess.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Hmmm well keep in mind that these are actual coins, so if there was a stamp or something, it'd probably be on the back? Again, this is why I'm asking because I am SO in the dark about what to look for when seeing a "silver like" coin from 1997...

Members online

Latest posts