Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I THINK THE NFL WILL BE DEAD IN 20 YEARS...HOW ABOUT YOU?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
We have all seen all the rule changes, lawsuits, sports talk and now the big TV special that ESPN just pulled out of working on, so what are your thoughts?

I think that with all of this and how our government is run and the way our country in general has changed to the "Mommy" state the NFL will be dead in about 20 years. Ever kid gets a trophy, no longer keeping score, no one wins and no one loses, nobody can take a risk anymore and more and more parents will not even let their kids play so where will the players come from. The NCAA is having so many probelms of it's own...Johnny M., lawsuits over players likeness and should/shouldn't players be paid. I love football and played for several years from 8-12 until I just never got big enough to play in HS, but I can see the end nearing. Soon it will look more like touch or flag football anyway so nobody can get hurt. This country is so weak now and unfortunately it is even hurting sports.

So what are your thoughts on this?

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Full hard plastic pads.

6 second long plays with a minute break in between

"4 minute TV timeouts" every 15 real life minutes.

The second half of the 4th quarter lasts as long as the other 3.5 quarters.

Tickets are like $100 minimum, so a family has to drop a paycheck to enjoy 1 game.

Horrible commentators.

A preseason that exists solely to generate $

Im surprised its still as popular as it is.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Name the bet. I'll take it. Don't know where the chicken little is coming from but football will still be here in 20 years, going strong. As well the other big American sports.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Like the other major sports, follow the sport the whites are playing to find the future popular ones.

Hello, lacrosse.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Is there really a sentiment out there that sports are on the way out? Eh?

Maybe only challenged by cigarettes and sex, Americans are more addicted to competition and professional sports than ANYTHING IN EXISTENCE. Americans would give up their religions quicker than professional sports at this point.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Is there really a sentiment out there that sports are on the way out? Eh?

Maybe only challenged by cigarettes and sex, Americans are more addicted to competition and professional sports than ANYTHING IN EXISTENCE. Americans would give up their religions quicker than professional sports at this point.

Mmmmm Cigarettes and Sex.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Changed, maybe even dramatically, but dead? NO WAY!

In fact, with legal releases etc. in place there is at least a chance that it would be more like a free-for-all, Gladiator-type event.

But more likely, it'll be an Offensive-crazy, high-scoring game with hardly any full contact, open-field hits at all. Like the Big 12 is already...:cool:

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Players will be forced to sign a waiver that clearly outlines the potential long term effects football has to the body and brain. I can see many public high schools not having teams because insurance would be too high to cover potential law suits that results in football related injuries.
X

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
That I won't be alive at 47? Cmon....
Yes you may be healthy and young but my point is you NEVER know when it is your time to go. Do you drive, ride a bike, walk down stairs? I could go on and on about ways you could die. It is just a foolish statement to say you WILL be alive in 20 years.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Yes you may be healthy and young but my point is you NEVER know when it is your time to go. Do you drive, ride a bike, walk down stairs? I could go on and on about ways you could die. It is just a foolish statement to say you WILL be alive in 20 years.

Its all about a belief man. If you believe you MIGHT be dead in 20 years....it only lets doubt seep in that you won't be.

If you guarantee it, you'll do anything to get there and stay there!

Members online