Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 topps chipz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I actually really like these. I finally found them at Target yesterday and bought 10 packs. For $2 a pack I think they're a fun product. I know there's no resale value, but I'm seriously considering getting the full base set anyway. I really like the look of the silver/gold parallels and the magnets I got are on my fridge now. This isn't a product to open if you're looking for a big hit, but I like it for what it is :).

Wait just a gol darn minute here......We have someone who likes a product even though it has no chase inserts or rookies? Is this possible? :)

Good for you for liking a product for no other reason that it appeals to you. You sir are a true, throwback to the old days collector!!

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
If you are expecting posters to act as adults on THIS board you are certainly expecting miracles.

But come on.....isn't being a grammar cop going a bit overboard? And worse yet, calling someone ignorant because they didn't know the difference between the word to and too, well that is just a bit much.

I hope some day you too will learn that too make mistakes is only human!!

Fixed it back. I meant to write it that way for emphasis....I guess it didnt work!! LOL

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Wait just a gol darn minute here......We have someone who likes a product even though it has no chase inserts or rookies? Is this possible? :)

Good for you for liking a product for no other reason that it appeals to you. You sir are a true, throwback to the old days collector!!
It has parallels, game used /50, and autos /25

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I actually really like these. I finally found them at Target yesterday and bought 10 packs. For $2 a pack I think they're a fun product. I know there's no resale value, but I'm seriously considering getting the full base set anyway. I really like the look of the silver/gold parallels and the magnets I got are on my fridge now. This isn't a product to open if you're looking for a big hit, but I like it for what it is :).

I didnt get a silver yet but the gold are sweet!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
There are parallels and inserts both...I like that there's some heft to them, not cheap looking

thats what i like about them too. solid. I got all the Phillies now to, then all with the sticker,, golds and silvers...glow in the dark ones and magnets... (no phillies autos i dont think) I should do well if people dont care for them i will get it cheap!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I might just try to complete the Arencibia "rainbow" of chips. I like the look of them and think it'd make a nice display to have the parallels mounted or framed together, kind of like they do with coin proof sets.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
really? why do you think that? I just wish they put rookies in this set

I guess some people really like this stuff and some don't. I'm one who "don't". To me it's just like cheesing up the hobby with a bunch of weird crap...kind of like when you go to see beautiful Niagara Falls or something and then they make you pass through a gift shop that has Niagara Falls shot glasses, snow globes, "I <3 Niagara Falls" t-shirts, and blah blah blah. Baseball cards are the Niagara Falls of the hobby and these chips should be in that lame gift shop. How do you even fit these into your collection? Do you stick them in penny sleeves and then in thick toploaders? Do you stuff them in your sock drawer? Maybe you put them in a zip lock baggie and throw it in a 550 count box? It's just such a cheesy product to me. I guess I just don't get it. I never collected Wheaties boxes, baseballs with faces printed on them, player coins, bobble heads, etc., and now you can add these to the list.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I'll wait til someone is selling them in big lots of 50-100. Maybe by the pound? Will be fun to replace a boring set of poker chips with these.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I guess some people really like this stuff and some don't. I'm one who "don't". To me it's just like cheesing up the hobby with a bunch of weird crap.

To me, that was always the most fun part of the hobby! I really miss getting baseball cards in boxes of Cracker Jack, Bazooka, Fruity Pebbles, etc. The oddballs kept the hobby interesting for me. Bland, endless parallels, future-less rookies and questionable "memorabilia" inserted into cards just don't interest me that much. As a player collector, it was always the oddball regional and food issues that kept me interested. Sadly, MLBP has basically killed that whole sector of the hobby.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
To me, that was always the most fun part of the hobby! I really miss getting baseball cards in boxes of Cracker Jack, Bazooka, Fruity Pebbles, etc. The oddballs kept the hobby interesting for me. Bland, endless parallels, future-less rookies and questionable "memorabilia" inserted into cards just don't interest me that much. As a player collector, it was always the oddball regional and food issues that kept me interested. Sadly, MLBP has basically killed that whole sector of the hobby.

See I feel the same too. I love the oddball stuff. Watches,balls,food boxes and so forth of my favorite player or team. I remember a few years back someone made tiny little baseballs with players on them and I loved them..

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I guess some people really like this stuff and some don't. I'm one who "don't". To me it's just like cheesing up the hobby with a bunch of weird crap...kind of like when you go to see beautiful Niagara Falls or something and then they make you pass through a gift shop that has Niagara Falls shot glasses, snow globes, "I <3 Niagara Falls" t-shirts, and blah blah blah. Baseball cards are the Niagara Falls of the hobby and these chips should be in that lame gift shop. How do you even fit these into your collection? Do you stick them in penny sleeves and then in thick toploaders? Do you stuff them in your sock drawer? Maybe you put them in a zip lock baggie and throw it in a 550 count box? It's just such a cheesy product to me. I guess I just don't get it. I never collected Wheaties boxes, baseballs with faces printed on them, player coins, bobble heads, etc., and now you can add these to the list.

I feel these chips have nothing to do with baseball cards. These are different. I'm not sure how or where I will be keeping my Phillies Chipz yet. I may make a display. Just Like I did years ago with those mini helmets you got out of the gumball machines. Just something fun and different. Maybe the hobby needs stuff to "cheese" it up. But to each there own....

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Those items you don't collect are the exact items I get a kick out of finding new Will Clark variations of. I picked up some new Fotoballs this year, some oddball sized postcards etc and I prefer those to a new Tier 1 Crowd Pleaser Auto that bores me to death w/ no creativity. To each his own though.

Ryan

Members online