Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever buy a card and wonder why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I do this every now and again and am wondering if I am the only one. I see a nice card on eBay, know that it really has no place in my collection and I don't really know what the value is, but decide to place a bid for some reason, and occasionally end up winning it. No clue what this is worth and if I overpaid significantly, but it's a nice card...

$(KGrHqNHJBMFICpGV(B6BSE()Nk(lg~~60_57.JPG

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
How much did you happen to pay if you don't mind me asking. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post. Awesome card! (I'm a Yankee fan)

No secret, I paid $300. No clue if it's a good price. Will likely ultimately research prices and look to resell it. I like the card, but it's not a RC Auto or vintage/HOF GU or auto which are the two areas I am really interested in.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Every time I think about doing something like this, I just think of the next Belle cards that I want to buy or be able to buy if it's a rare one, and then I lay off to save funds for that day ;)

Anyways, cool card! I'd love to have a Jeter auto one day.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
It sold for book. I sold the 2000 autographics purple foil for 800.00 that booked 1500.00

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
It sold for book. I sold the 2000 autographics purple foil for 800.00 that booked 1500.00

Wow crazy difference in price just one year later. Thanks for the info.

Edit: card says 2000 on the back but iirc that was a mistake right?

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I do that occasionally. Last time i did was ironically a jeter card. I typed in "jeter topps on card" and one popped up. Bid to 100 and won it. I didn't really want it after a few months so put it back up and sold it. I usually keep my random purchases though

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I have bid and won a few times on non pc cards, just cause they were nice. you have a real nice card there congrats.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I do this to some degree. I try to keep the collection focused but occasionally start to stray when I'm not finding things for the PC itself. Just gotta scratch that itch! Recently picked up some Posada stuff since I like his sig and he doesn't have that much out there. But I'll probably only have the odd card around and never be satisfied with the outlier-ness of it. Then I'll "re-focus" and pick up some autos from Archives thinking maybe I'll finish that run, which I ultimately know I'll not get around to finishing.

Then I look back at the collection and it's all over the place. Time to clean out again.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I did this this weekend with a nice lot of Gioskar Amaya BC autos, and it caused me to not have the cash for a Denard Robinson Finest 1/1 that popped up over the weekend. This was after I already told myself a month ago that I was done buying Amaya because I had plenty.

Members online

Latest posts