Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When prospects get traded... grrrrr.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I think i'm done with this prospecting "game".

I always pick 2 prospects every year the O's draft and start early and usual go hard on anything and everything i can get.

So the past months 4 of my guys have gotten traded. Booooooo.

Jake Arrieta, Nick Delmonico, LJ Hoes, and Xavier Avery.

So hit me up if you are interested in any of the 4. I have TONS!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
if you're frustrated about your prospect getting traded, youre doing things incorrectly. Consider best and worst case scenarios, then decide if you want to take the plunge. i screwed up pretty badly on bauer but it's ok because i knew it him sucking was a possible outcome. I just didnt think it would happen.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Have a bunch of Leaf autos. You said you didn't want. ;)

Couple /25 and Red /5 ... :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Oh yeah can't stand Leaf products very cheap looking IMHO

Sent from my XT901 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Oh yeah can't stand Leaf products very cheap looking IMHO

Sent from my XT901 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Yeah, brands across the board have their loyal followers and loyal haters.
You like what you like.

But the Leaf Draft and Valiant (Crusade look alikes) are far from cheap looking in hand.
Love the clean lines, amazing pop and color are amazing. Especially like the Purple, Blue, Red & Black.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
if you're frustrated about your prospect getting traded, youre doing things incorrectly. Consider best and worst case scenarios, then decide if you want to take the plunge. i screwed up pretty badly on bauer but it's ok because i knew it him sucking was a possible outcome. I just didnt think it would happen.
Not at all.
Every year AT the draft, as it's happening, I pick 2 of the guys I feel have the most potential that the O's draft.
Majority have an impact of some kind at the pro level. Would much rather have them in the O's organization for longer, but when you are in dire need of quality pitching and big bats, teams don't trade away their crappy prospects to get what they need in return....

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Prospecting doesn't mean you're in on your team every year. In fact, I haven't prospected a Brewer hardcore since Ryan Braun.

If you're picking 2 Orioles every year you're bound to miss on some if not all of them. This isn't a knock on the Orioles system and could apply to any team. I'm really only hardcore prospecting MAYBE two players at a time and they've been highly scouted and passed some tests for me. Jake Arrieta, L.J. Hoes, Delmonico, and Avery frankly are very talented players but longshots to begin with. It's hard enough to make big money on notable top-50 prospects much less the more fringe guys.

Case in point was Anthony Rendon. I scouted Rendon as a buy-candidate for a month before I committed. I bought, and even with the talent, MILB success after the injuries, and a callup I STILL haven't sold. I should be out by now. But he had some very obvious timing issues after callup and was more of a "sudden" callup with little media attention nationally. And he was a top-25 guy at that time.

Members online

Latest posts