Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf Metal Baseball Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Below you will find the sell sheet for 2013 Leaf Metal Draft Baseball…A few important notes:
- We have removed all the “filler” autographs form this product and replaced them with strong prospect autographs including: Byron Buxton, Carlos Correa, Oscar Tavaras, Miguel Sano, Jorge Soler and more!
- EVERY card is Prismatic now… no basic Metal cards (Look for colored Prismatic parallels!)
- We have slashed production by nearly 40%!
- FOR THIS REASON, ALLOCATIONS ARE EXTREMELY LIMITED! I apologize in advance for the limited available quantity, but I feel strongly that we need to make our first priority manufacturing a true collectible versus whipping out the maximum quantity we could possibly sell.
- Total Production is 3000 Boxes (equivalent of 250 cases).

http://www.leaftradingcards.com/2013_Leaf_Metal_Draft_Baseball/Metal_BB_sales_Sheet1_low.pdf

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Obviously a huge fan.

Looks like there's elements of "ultimate" on this product now.

So my questions are will there be hot boxes and about how many numbered auto cards will there be per NON HOT boxes?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Obviously a huge fan.

Looks like there's elements of "ultimate" on this product now.

So my questions are will there be hot boxes and about how many numbered auto cards will there be per NON HOT boxes?

With production so low, I would think almost every box would be a hot box.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Not sure how I feel about the lower picks not being included and instead putting in more retreads (albeit good ones) from last year.

I enjoyed the fact that [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] draft products had really been purely made up of that draft, international signees, and players that hadn't had autos in Topps releases yet.

That being said, I wouldn't mind busting as much as I can. I love Leaf products (especially from an ROI perspective).

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It would be great to see Leaf and Panini be able to make cards using all of the hundreds of different cool Minor League logos on their cards.

Instead, these Leaf cards look generic without the unique designs of teams like the Midland Rockhounds and Durham Bulls.

Not a knock at Leaf because it's not their fault.
It's just sad and unfair that they're losing money from collectors like me, who don't care about investing, who would buy their cards if they featured logos of their favorite Minor League teams instead of looking like softball uniforms or pajamas.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Last year's metal and valiant were one of the most fun I've had in years opening product.

It also was/is one of, if not most profitable product I've ever opened.

I still have probably 150 autos left and have made a great profit despite selling the two Puig cards when they came out.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It will be interesting to see what effect Puig has on this year's sales. I don't think that the price his Leaf cards garnered can be ignored and IMO should bring some more people over to buying those cards. I don't believe a Just card (or other similar company) ever got that kind of attention.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
It will be interesting to see what effect Puig has on this year's sales. I don't think that the price his Leaf cards garnered can be ignored and IMO should bring some more people over to buying those cards. I don't believe a Just card (or other similar company) ever got that kind of attention.

Speaking of Just, Leaf's Just Vault is out, and I am pumped to rip some of that. Never thought I would say that about a "just" filled product.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Not sure how I feel about the lower picks not being included and instead putting in more retreads (albeit good ones) from last year.

I enjoyed the fact that @Leaf draft products had really been purely made up of that draft, international signees, and players that hadn't had autos in Topps releases yet.

That being said, I wouldn't mind busting as much as I can. I love Leaf products (especially from an ROI perspective).

I love getting rid of the lower picks, and replacing them with studs like Sano, Buxton, Oscar Taveras, etc. From an ROI perspective, it's a slam dunk. Give me guys that are about to hit the big leagues, rather than guys who are drafted in the lower rounds who have 2-3 years or more of minor league play.

If you are in this to make money, this is without a doubt very good news.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Yikes. I passed on that without giving it a second thought. Hope it works for you.

We just got one case. We are one of the few breakers that bust some of the "different" stuff that is out there. I think it will be fun. We shall see. I mean for $27 a random spot, there are 120 autos, pretty good shot at hitting some decent cards for a cheap buy in

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jim, What baseball Leaf products made money last year. I know if you held puig you made out but outside of that I thought breakers of Valiant and Metal took it hard.

I enjoyed the fact that @Leaf draft products had really been purely made up of that draft, international signees, and players that hadn't had autos in Topps releases yet.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
While I don't mind getting autos of third or fourth rounders, I'd MUCH rather have "second" or "third" yr autos of top of the line prospects like sano, Buxton, etc.

But with that being said, please oh please make sure Sano signs in the right spot this time ;)

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Just an observation, but on the sell sheet, the auto's are photoshop'd. Look at the the Hunter Renfroe and Hunter Dozier. Same Font. Gonna say looks like the autos are really legible, but now I see why.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Just an observation, but on the sell sheet, the auto's are photoshop'd. Look at the the Hunter Renfroe and Hunter Dozier. Same Font. Gonna say looks like the autos are really legible, but now I see why.

They always are on ALL of Leaf's sell sheets. It's a sell sheet, not actual baseball cards on a piece of paper, the whole thing is photoshop'd.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts