Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ANNOUNCING: FCB Group, Box, and Case breaks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
To the board:

For those of you who don't know me, I am the "Other guy" from the podcast and an admin of this board. [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] and I have decided to take up a new venture and see how it goes.....FCB board sponsored group breaks. Why not get in on the fun, drive board traffic and make this a destination for more than just hobby discussion? I know there are already some group and case breakers on the website, but we have decided to try it ourselves as well, FCB is a card store too!

One really cool and interactive thing we will be doing is awarding a poster of the month and giving them credit ($20 for football, $15 for baseball) towards entry into our breaks! The poster of the month will be nominated by board members and then selected by admin to win the prize.

We have some really exciting breaks coming up including of course 2013 TC, 2013 BC, Leaf Perfect Game and we will be trying to drive traffic to the football and basketball sections of the website so expect to see breaks of the hottest products of those manufacturers and brands as well. We will break once a week (Wednesdays or Thursdays depending on when the product is slated to show up) and will even have an open box breaks section/time as well where you can bust wax off our shelves or have it pre-ordered and busted for you right on camera! More details and break sign ups will be up soon. Please give us a try, hang out with Gilmore and myself and come bust some wax in the FCB shop, even if you can't be there!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Interesting how different Mods are doing group breaks on the same boards (i.e. [MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION]). I'm thinking this could possibly cause a divide and make posters choose who to be "loyal" to....or maybe I'm just overthinking things.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Interesting how different Mods are doing group breaks on the same boards (i.e. @All In Cards). I'm thinking this could possibly cause a divide and make posters choose who to be "loyal" to....or maybe I'm just overthinking things.

Comical. Andrew promotes FCB successfully more than virtually any other user/member/mod through FB and eBay, and here we are with another mod jumping in on box breaks.

That said, there should be no divide, because unless there are different products being offered...there's zero reason to bust through the OP. [MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION] is hands down one of the, if not THE, best third-party breakers around. Great prices, great service, care and delivery...why anyone would make the move to someone else is beyond me...well...unless they hate Baltimore.

Reminds me of the old Tom Green sketch, "Uncutters Pizza."

The Tom Green Show - Undercutters Pizza - YouTube

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Wait wait wait

This has nothing to do with Andrew. Andrew does what he does and we have supported him over the years fiercely. I've given him free reign over breaks on this site and asked or received nothing in return. Andrew is still vital to this website, and he knows that. We have always welcomed new breakers who are willing to follow the rules, and none have been able to step up and do it with any consistency. This isn't cutting out Andrew, it's just more breaks. Something he is really comfortable with.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i'm not too enthusiased - I guess being in a FCB case break even though it was free and not having received your winnings and it's almost been 1 year and delay tactics from the casebreaker will do that to a guy.

I rather invest money in stocks and make money than spend my money on box/case breaks and not have any guarantee or recourse I'll receive my box or case break winnings.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
i'm not too enthusiased - I guess being in a FCB case break even though it was free and not having received your winnings and it's almost been 1 year and delay tactics from the casebreaker will do that to a guy.

I rather invest money in stocks and make money than spend my money on box/case breaks and not have any guarantee or recourse I'll receive my box or case break winnings.

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Everything I have has been mailed out or replaced.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Comical. Andrew promotes FCB successfully more than virtually any other user/member/mod through FB and eBay, and here we are with another mod jumping in on box breaks.

That said, there should be no divide, because unless there are different products being offered...there's zero reason to bust through the OP. @All In Cards is hands down one of the, if not THE, best third-party breakers around. Great prices, great service, care and delivery...why anyone would make the move to someone else is beyond me...well...unless they hate Baltimore.

Reminds me of the old Tom Green sketch, "Uncutters Pizza."

The Tom Green Show - Undercutters Pizza - YouTube

I don't get the hate. Its all about bringing more users to the board. If people don't want to buy from and participate in the FCB breaks, nobody is going to be upset. I like how you jump to the conclusion that there is no way that anybody else in the world could offer the same or even better experience than Andrew. It's not about competition per se....it's about getting the name out there more and generating MORE content and users to the community. All breaks will be posted to a YouTube channel a la Cards Infinity (I am unaware that Andrew does this) and it will be a very "podcasty" type atmosphere and we might even include box breakers to hop in on the action and commentate breaks with us.

Again, I don't get all the hate on this. Let's all give this a college try here. About 2 years ago Gilmore and I did 3 weeks or so of Wednesday breaks and they went VERY VERY well for those who hopped in. A great time was had in chat, good cards were pulled and all cards were shipped within 2 days of the break. That guarantee stays the same. We plan to expand to hockey, basketball and football breaks to be more all inclusive of what we bust and who we bring to the board. We will of course do the usual Chrome products as demand is very high for those, but we will also look to break a lot of other baseball as well.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Undercutters Pizza was one of my all-time favorite Tom Green skits.

Sorry I don't have anything helpful to add to this thread, but felt the need to share that with all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts