Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Other than the different size baseballs in the hologram and the hologram having no baseballs, here are some of the quality control issues: The first hologram is a normal hologram, the second has been spliced, the third is a blank hologram and is the only blank one I found in my collection, and the fourth is a hologram where the words have been struck over one another.
hawk8-albums-andre-dawson-picture21259-002.jpg

And this year's "Holo-GRAMMY" goes to Hawk8! Interesting comparisons.
BTW....Good morning to all.
DANNY

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Other than the different size baseballs in the hologram and the hologram having no baseballs, here are some of the quality control issues: The first hologram is a normal hologram, the second has been spliced, the third is a blank hologram and is the only blank one I found in my collection, and the fourth is a hologram where the words have been struck over one another.
hawk8-albums-andre-dawson-picture21259-002.jpg

Wait to you get to 1991 - and check for 91 baseball hologram, 90 baseball hologram, and 91 hockey hologram on the backs.

Interesting variations you found. Is the one truly blank? No writing at all viewed at various angles?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well, shaping up to be a good day. Got my fantasy football draft tonight at a nice bar, with a game to watch and at 8pm the bar is hosting a competitive hot dog eating contest that might be interesting to watch.

Last night sucked. Went out to my car after work and the battery was completely dead. Got a jump, made it home, but it didn't charge at all. $120 down the drain on a new battery.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents! The sun is truly gone and the rain is here o stay. It was thundering so hard the house was shaking last night and it is pouring outside.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Well, shaping up to be a good day. Got my fantasy football draft tonight at a nice bar, with a game to watch and at 8pm the bar is hosting a competitive hot dog eating contest that might be interesting to watch.

Last night sucked. Went out to my car after work and the battery was completely dead. Got a jump, made it home, but it didn't charge at all. $120 down the drain on a new battery.

Draft sounds fun.

Very happy with my team this year.

No warranty on the battery?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca

Sorry to hear, my battery died last week and it was under warranty so Autozone replaced it for free. Same thing happened to my wife's battery this past weekend.. Autozone replaced that too! 2 new batteries to start the fall with now.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Wait to you get to 1991 - and check for 91 baseball hologram, 90 baseball hologram, and 91 hockey hologram on the backs.

Interesting variations you found. Is the one truly blank? No writing at all viewed at various angles?

Yes, the one is completely blank at all angles and believe me I looked hard and it was the only one I found like that. I also only found the one with two holograms on it. I have one blank back and one PSA graded with Sandy Alomar Jr double printed in it. The regular hologram of course was by far the most common and I found a handful of spliced holograms, even fewer of the printed over holograms and about the same amount with no baseballs in the back ground and probably even fewer of the big baseball in the back ground holograms. When I get off work tonight I will post some numbers to give an idea of my sample size. It's tedious work looking at every hologram but its interesting to see what you find and I read an article where there are actually five different holograms on the 91 issue so I can't wait to get to it. I'm not going to count the spliced or written over or big baseball holograms as different cards but I am going to count the double hologram and the blank hologram as different cards and haven't decided on the no baseballs in the background yet. What is everyone else's opinion on what you should and should not count as a variation?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning everyone! Hope you all are having a great day.
My battery died one winter and popped the caps on it and filled with water.. Been running the same battery for an additional 2 years now. Going on 8 yrs

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts