Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHO WAS YOUR FIRST TTM TO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Dont know if there was a thread like this. My first was to Daniel Hudson (I didnt send a card or a sase) and 7 months later i got a letter from Hudson with 2 cards signed! He even wrote a letter.

So who was your first?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I sent 16 out for my first batch ever, but the first one back was Richard Petty, even included a second signed card in there

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
My first was to (who else?) John Olerud. Got my two cards back and later got one of them authenticated.
1991StudioTTM.jpg

1990ToppsTradedPSADNA.jpg

You never forget your first! ;)

- Rodrick

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
Mine was at the time Saints DE Alex Smith. He signed the card perfectly. I didn't realize how rare it was to get cards signed that perfectly until I got a few smeared or bubbly sigs.

JRM

Feb 18, 2012
Vinny Testaverde way back in the day (1993?). He signed a card and an index card. Still have the index but traded the card long ago.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
Chipper Jones. He signed a 91 score for me in '91. Got it back super fast. I gave it to a friend of mine who is a huge Braves Fan in high school. He still has it.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I honestly don't remember, as the computer that I tracked my early requests crashed. Jeter was among the first.
DANNY

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
In 1990 I got Mark Grace, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux all within 4 months.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Last edited:

stokelydokely

Oct 21, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
My absolute, hands-down, favorite player at the time - Vladimir Guerrero. In the summer of 1998, I gathered two cards (a '97 Zenith and '98 Donruss), decorated a white 8x10" envelope to make it look like the front and back of an Expos jersey, and sent the whole thing off to Vlad. In the letter I wrote, I told him he was my favorite player, and (since I had read that some players liked to collect their own cards) that he could keep one of the two cards I sent to him.

Before school had even started that September, I had gotten a response - both cards signed! Looking back on it, I owe a "thank you" to some unknown postal employee - because there's no way 14-year-old me would have remembered to account for Canadian postage.

Last edited:

Members online