Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'll be Topps & Panini for a sec regarding redemptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Here are my thoughts. Topps releases their sets around the same time each year. Topps S1, Opening Day, Bowman, Bowman Chrome, etc, etc. Since they always release around the same time frame, why not plan in advance?

These are the players we would like to have sign for Product X this year. Lets schedule a signing in the offseason, Spring Training, or something similar and have the cards ready to go before the product goes live. Most of our products look the same or are regurgitated, so product design should not be a problem. When it comes to Heritage, where we are doing dual signed cards, 1 is retired and 1 is active. If we follow this model (offseason, ST, so on), we could get both players to sign well before the product releases.

To add to this, we will not list potential hits on sell sheets when we have no contract for said player. Unless a deal is in place, stickers are in stock, or a date has been set for a signing, we will not cheat our customers by promising the opportunity to pull something that will never be made available.

Instead of using time and resources to create autographed sets that will never see the light of day, unless we XXXX someone over on their redemptions, we will make more of an effort to improve our product lineup and make a more conscious effort to get these same players to sign cards they are already contracted to sign.

Thank you,
Topps CEO

There are so many problems with the above, I won't even get into it. However, allow me to retort:

Dear Consumer:

You happily lap up every single product that we make, whether it is full of redemptions, stickers, or on card autographs. We're not changing a Goddamned thing. Suck it.

Happy Prospecting,

CEO of Topps.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Dear Topps: If you insert redemptions for an on-card auto in 2010, DO NOT put out on-card autos of the same person in 2013 LIVE before fulfilling what you owe.

And add this to my post #8

*And regarding the players getting the money upfront vs paying when done, to avoid the player not getting paid either it could be put in some sort of escrow account so agent can verify funds etc and released when the players part of contract is done

Ryan

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I still don't see why the Manufacturers would have to "eat" product, let alone so much of it. If this is 'cuz they wanna maintain the odds, specifically one per box, then just bump up the odds.

The product would still sell and I'm pretty sure 98% of collectors would take longer (only slightly probably) odds in favor of no redemptions.

And as for the actual auto cards, Topps Online and/or Vault would make at least as much, if not more, than the wax anyway...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I don't understand. I see countless post after post about how much people here hate Topps or other companies. but yet you buy there cards. If you buy the older ones or what ever you still support them but yet bash them... I just don't get it....if you hate them so much why do you buy there product.??? (confused). They should re-name this site (we hate baseball card companies . com) lol

saraceno21

Oct 18, 2012
I've always wondered why they couldn't have players sign blank pieces of cardboard over the winter in a certain spot then print the card after. I'm sure it could be done somehow.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I don't understand. I see countless post after post about how much people here hate Topps or other companies. but yet you buy there cards. If you buy the older ones or what ever you still support them but yet bash them... I just don't get it....if you hate them so much why do you buy there product.??? (confused). They should re-name this site (we hate baseball card companies . com) lol

T-h-e-i-r

Members online

Latest posts