Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Old = new idea...? (Card/Insert design idea)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just thought of a cool idea for a insert. Remember back when Donruss had the puzzles in packs of cards? Well this is similar to that but each piece would be the size of a card seeded individually so you would have to find all 12 pieces to make the full puzzle picture. But it gets better, each piece and/or puzzle would be serial numbered and one piece would be autographed. Below is an example of what I am thinking but obviously there could be many players/puzzles. Each puzzle piece could come framed or in a rip card or something. Anyway, I think it would be fun, your thoughts?

bhpuzzle.png

*Photo does not represent actual size.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's a nice idea, but no one cared about building Donruss puzzles for the ten years they existed, so I don't see much excitement now.
And the long odds of pulling the autographed and numbered pieces means 99% of people building the puzzles will have incomplete ones, frustrating them, especially kids.
But it's a creative idea.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I like the idea.

I don't have Photoshop skills but if I did, I would post a redemption card good for a puzzle piece auto ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Ha - how about the Topps Redemption card puzzle - with one digit to the redemption code on each piece. Once you assemble it, you type in the code and wait forever to never get the card. I mean, really, it's the only way to make the whole redemption thing more frustrating than it already is.

I like the idea.

I don't have Photoshop skills but if I did, I would post a redemption card good for a puzzle piece auto ;)

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Ha - how about the Topps Redemption card puzzle - with one digit to the redemption code on each piece. Once you assemble it, you type in the code and wait forever to never get the card. I mean, really, it's the only way to make the whole redemption thing more frustrating than it already is.

You left out "code not valid"

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Of course this would rely on all pieces being accountable for, sitting on 11 pieces and waiting 2 years for if and when the auto piece ever gets made would be unacceptable. The more I think of it, the more I like the idea of a rip card theme. Each rip card can say something like "congratulations, you have just pulled a Bryce Harper puzzle piece and have a 1 in 12 chance of pulling a auto piece. Rip or flip?"

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It's a nice idea, but no one cared about building Donruss puzzles for the ten years they existed, so I don't see much excitement now.
And the long odds of pulling the autographed and numbered pieces means 99% of people building the puzzles will have incomplete ones, frustrating them, especially kids.

I'm not so sure I agree with that. Everyone I knew had one of each, it's just they were so common they held little to no value. I believe this idea here, in concept, would be much more received. Obviously just my opinion...

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida

I like the idea too...

The way they could make it work, make regular versions of the puzzle and every piece has a regular puzzle piece and an auto variation, so you could make a whole puzzle with all autos or no autos...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts