Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shelving a brand...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shelving a brand...

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    This is the worst and dumbest post I have ever read on this board.....
    Well enlighten us. What would you do Mr.Genius?
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Gatorscardsnstuff
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dano7 View Post
    Maybe Topps needs to go back to releasing 7 Series again. They could release throughout the season, updating for whoever the hot rookies are, as well as to who has changed teams and who has been called up.
    DANNY
    When did Topps do this? I think bmc398 got it 100% correct....timing. I had thought that when this RC label thing was changing, it was agreed that all sets for that year needed to be released DURING that season, not playoffs, after the season is over OR the following year. I hate that Bowman Draft comes out so late. If a player cannot be included for some reason than to bad, he'll get in next year. Don't stop a product from release for silly reasons. Plus as Topps is the only one (which totally sucks) they definitely make too many products and like many said they all look alike year after year. Check out cards from the 70's and back, even 80's you can within a second tell what year they are. Now you look at a chrome card and it may take a minute or longer to remember "oh yeah" that is a 2011, not a 2012. Like many collectors I think we are sick of the amount of products and the same ol' designs.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Topps did this from 1952-1973. I, for one, would love to see it, at least one year. Six 132-card series, with all the little subsets, traded updates, callups, etc. A 24-pack box would very likely complete the series and not be too expensive. Or an 18-pack box would be cheaper and encourage trading for set-building. And you'd have the speculation on whether the "high numbers" would end up being short as they had been in decades past as people get worn out.

They actually do this now, except every series is a new set with mostly the same players.

Card companies retire sets all the time. Go back to the 90s and you'll see tons of sets that had 1 year runs, maybe 2 or 3 sometimes. Topps still does this, and brings some lines back occasionally, like Archives.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

mroche61
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTROBURN View Post
    Doesnt that give you an answer right there? If we cant afford it, then shelve it and put the efforts of those products into more affordable products.
    I don't think so. I'm a poor college student so that's my situation. Even though I can't afford it, I still like looking at some of the high end stuff like Triple Threads and Museum Collection and would actually be pretty disappointed if they got shelved.
    Twitter: @MJR_Sportscards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12