Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"That's fu****g topps"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So I just had a customer open a box of topps chrome.

The first pack had all Refractors so we knew it was one of those rare hot boxes where every card is a Refractor.

As he is opening the packs he says "watch the autographs be base" and as soon as he said it, he got a Nick maronde auto, NON REFRACTOR!

And obviously, the next auto, Casey Kelly, wasn't a Refractor either.

I thought he was going to flip the table over as he yelled "that's fu***** topps"

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
96 cards in a box... 2 autos... 4 inserts.... If you get 90 refractors... its only fair that you get 2 base autos.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
someone posted they were shorted 15 autos in there case. 9 boxes only 1 auto & 3 boxes no autos so I guess this wasn't that bad after all.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
awwwww.
Poor guy got the advertised autos in his box, and a hot refractor box.
He should probably take next week off and drink his sorrows away.

According to sell sheet:
Refractor Hot Box:
Every base card in the box will be a refractor. Hobby Only

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Seems pretty weak to complain about a box full of refractors. He would easily make more selling the refractors as a lot than he would two refractor autos of the players he got. Some people are never happy *shrugs*

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
I must admit that expecting some color auto out of a refractor hot box is a stretch, at best.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Yes, it may have been posted on the sell sheet and yes, complaining about your cake not being chocolatey enough is irritating, isn't it dumb for the autos not to be refractors? I mean, come on. I wouldn't be such a sore winner, but of all trivial things in this hobby, that's a complaint-worthy design flaw.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts