Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why Hasn't Anyone Been Busting BC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Usually by now there'd be tons of BC breaks in the box break section, and outside of our group break, Lisa's 3 case breaks and a couple others, I haven't seen much busted. I think it has to do with Topps' screw up of releasing TC and BC 2 days apart. Any other thoughts?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Usually by now there'd be tons of BC breaks in the box break section, and outside of our group break, Lisa's 3 case breaks and a couple others, I haven't seen much busted. I think it has to do with Topps' screw up of releasing TC and BC 2 days apart. Any other thoughts?

Back in 2006, yes.

Now, not so much.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I opened some. Like many on the board, this checklist left me scratching my head. I may have done well, I may have gotten slammed. Time will tell, but there is really not much to be excited about in this release. On the other hand, I really do like TC this year and I went pretty heavy on it.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Allocation for me was 1 jumbo to 8 regular boxes. Since they load jumbo now I didn't want to have to buy all the regular. Just passed instead.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Doris opened two cases of hobby yesterday...i will post her results later. So far she is killing me with her breaks. Berrios purple auto pulled at lcs + rafael montero blue ref auto from the two cases. I am getting two more cases tomorrow from andrew so will post those most likely on thursday. Been busy!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
So far there has been pretty much nothing of the guy that am collecting on eBay.

Base chrome lots and a few regular Refractors that's it. I'd say pretty unprecedented for 4 days after release.

EDIT: Oops, there was a purple refractor.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Go to Blowout forums perhaps - there maybe a more diverse group busting wax over there.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
As a lcs owner Im seeing a huge dropoff in card interest in general. Its sad to see. imho there doesn't need to be 3 bowman products plus the high ends. 1 low end & 1 high end with everyone in them would be much better. Collectors are getting tired of Topps' ploy to spread the top guys out in order to sell multiple products, and so am I.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a lcs owner Im seeing a huge dropoff in card interest in general. Its sad to see.
Exactly. It's sad, but it's been happening for two decades.
I don't undersrand why so many people are surprised that less people are buying cards.
The hobby has been shrinking every year since the early '90s.
Stupid decisions by card companies and exclusive licensing are only hastening the hobby's perpetual downfall.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I don't think the disastrous recession that most of the country is still in has helped anything hobby related, be it cards, comics, toys, all way to collectible cars. When people have less to spend on "fun" stuff, well, prices and sales suffer in all these hobbies. And at least where I am, things aren't looking to on the mend. Economy here in RI is still quite bad.

If I had the funds, I would certainly buy some of this product. It was always one of my favs! Just can't do it nowadays though.

Of course, I also learned a bit about the enjoyment of collecting again and not just chasing the big hit in wax, so when I do have a few extra dollars, I'm almost always using it to pick up cards for my collection, rather than buying wax.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I got a box and got XXXXed in the ass with it. Rock Shoulders Orange Ref, Keory de la Cruz auto (these sell on ebay for around $2-$3), and one blue prospect Ref. My best card PC-wise was a Sapphire Reprint David Ortiz.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Exactly. It's sad, but it's been happening for two decades.
I don't undersrand why so many people are surprised that less people are buying cards.
The hobby has been shrinking every year since the early '90s.
Stupid decisions by card companies and exclusive licensing are only hastening the hobby's perpetual downfall.

I am pretty much done opening anything with the exception of a group break once in a great while. I am just so sick of Topps crappy products and customer no-service. THE HOBBY NEEDS ANOTHER LICENSE!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
2006 had Upton and Gordon's very first autos.

2013 is basically released in October and is Puig's 165th autograph appearance.

Members online

Latest posts