User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: 2013 Leaf Masterworks Big Hit Tracker - Update 10/9

  1. #61
    Senior Member BowmanChromeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    4,202
     bigbreaksports
     bigbreakcards
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listed my stuff last night. After researching it seems the Mike Tyson was clearly my best hit. Already have a $200 offer on it so that's a good start.

  2. #62
    Member gmarutiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,384
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my new favorite, because I'm pretty sure the artist just decided to draw Sue Heck from The Middle: Janet Evans 1 1 Auto Sketch by Jay Pangan 2013 Leaf Masterworks | eBay

    Edit: I didn't even realize the artist was my man, Jay Pangan! Can you imagine pulling this card?
    Last edited by gmarutiak; 10-10-2013 at 09:56 PM.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Bill Menard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,421
     wem
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2013 Leaf Masterworks Big Hit Tracker - Update 10/9

    Quote Originally Posted by gmarutiak View Post
    This is my new favorite, because I'm pretty sure the artist just decided to draw Sue Heck from The Middle: Janet Evans 1 1 Auto Sketch by Jay Pangan 2013 Leaf Masterworks | eBay

    Edit: I didn't even realize the artist was my man, Jay Pangan! Can you imagine pulling this card?
    Someone posted earlier about Jay Pangan not knowing how to use lips on a face... I think he was saving all his lip usage up for this sketch!

  4. #64
    Senior Member ChasHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belvidere, Illinois
    Posts
    22,482
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: 2013 Leaf Masterworks Big Hit Tracker - Update 10/9

    Quote Originally Posted by gmarutiak View Post
    This is my new favorite, because I'm pretty sure the artist just decided to draw Sue Heck from The Middle: Janet Evans 1 1 Auto Sketch by Jay Pangan 2013 Leaf Masterworks | eBay

    Edit: I didn't even realize the artist was my man, Jay Pangan! Can you imagine pulling this card?
    Who the hell is Janet Evans and why is she in this set?

  5. #65
    Senior Member MansGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15,295
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasHawk View Post
    Who the hell is Janet Evans and why is she in this set?
    I thought the exact same thing
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%


    ***Always hunting Albert Belle 1998 Tek Diffractors and 1999 Tek Golds***

    Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    667
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2013 Leaf Masterworks Big Hit Tracker - Update 10/9

    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    I thought the exact same thing
    Swimmer from a while back, not a mojo pull

  7. #67
    Senior Member P_Manning 18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,121
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is from the case break AIC had the other night.



    I think he was watching My Cousin Vinny when he drew the Moceanu.


    And the other artist must have a thing for Ted Danson's wife.




  8. #68
    Member bigunitcards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    654
     bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 1 for 4 on RJ cards so far on eBay. BIN on the first one, 2nd one got pulled off, 3rd one was BIN before I even saw it, and the 4th I lost out on after it went above my threshold. At least I got the best one, in my opinion at least. I am in the midst of a couple of Artist Proof commisions though.

    Any player collectors here having success obtaining multiple cards of their guy from this set? Anyone seen a FULL player/artist checklist?

  9. #69
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SOUTH BAY
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my 2013 Leaf Masterworks PC:

    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/wkpeters3213/a/pc

    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MORE

  10. #70
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,138
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This issue would make a great case to study for the player collector vs the set collector. Both collectors can put together an incredible collection of cards and both would be frustrated by the other for winning certain cards. Realistically, a set collector could not expect to collect ALL of these cards. A player collect has a better shot at completion, if there are multiples, but then you are battling set collectors, high end collectors, team collectors, other player collectors, etc.

    From a personal standpoint and a selfish one, I am pissed when I lose a good Garvey card to another Garvey collector, but it bothers me even more when I lose one to a different theme collector! That happens most often with the really high end, special issues (1/1s, jumbo patches, bat barrels, buttons, jersey tags, etc). Everyone seems to want that kind of thing, REGARDLESS of the player, and if you have someone with really deep pockets bidding against you, you will probably lose.

  11. #71
    Member bigunitcards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    654
     bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wkpeters3213 View Post
    Here's my 2013 Leaf Masterworks PC:

    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/wkpeters3213/a/pc

    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MORE
    found all the RJ cards, grrrrrrr.........

  12. #72
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wkpeters3213 View Post
    Here's my 2013 Leaf Masterworks PC:

    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/wkpeters3213/a/pc

    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MORE
    There are a lot of great art pieces that you have there throughout the brands. Nice stuff
    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  13. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SOUTH BAY
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    There are a lot of great art pieces that you have there throughout the brands. Nice stuff
    Ryan
    Thank you.

    SUNDEVILS RULE!

  14. #74
    Member gmarutiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,384
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    This issue would make a great case to study for the player collector vs the set collector. Both collectors can put together an incredible collection of cards and both would be frustrated by the other for winning certain cards. Realistically, a set collector could not expect to collect ALL of these cards. A player collect has a better shot at completion, if there are multiples, but then you are battling set collectors, high end collectors, team collectors, other player collectors, etc.

    From a personal standpoint and a selfish one, I am pissed when I lose a good Garvey card to another Garvey collector, but it bothers me even more when I lose one to a different theme collector! That happens most often with the really high end, special issues (1/1s, jumbo patches, bat barrels, buttons, jersey tags, etc). Everyone seems to want that kind of thing, REGARDLESS of the player, and if you have someone with really deep pockets bidding against you, you will probably lose.
    This post made me wonder if there are any collectors out there trying to get all of the cards done by one artist.

    I think this set was a great idea, and I hope it is done again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •