Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now THIS is how you do an unlicensed product!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm guilty of saying it too but "unlicensed" isn't correct.

Unlicensed are cards which use illegal stolen images, likeness and logos of players and teams which receive no payment. Broder cards are these.

In baseball,
Panini and ud are licensed by the mlbpa.
Leaf is league or player licensed.
Itg was player licensed.

Whoever is pictured on these cards get paid unless legally they can't or are sketched.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but this Ruth is seen by some as one of the greatest baseball portraits ever done....
ConlonRuthWEB.jpg

...and it doesn't even show his entire face.

Now crop off the top of the hat and say the same thing.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Yup. Wouldn't want those on a card.

Sorry that I'm not a huge fan of a set that consists entirely of way too close up facial portraits, or 3/4 backside views.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
National treasures was easily the product of the year. It was obviously the nice hits that drove the product. The photography took a back seat to the hits and people were completely fine with it. This is showing us that if the product has the hits customers will flock to it. Not many seemed to be bothered with the photography. If Panini keep son putting out nice and innovative products the licensing will not matter. There is such a void in the market for a product like National Treasures kudos to Panini for seeing it and satisfying that need.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
National treasures was easily the product of the year. It was obviously the nice hits that drove the product. The photography took a back seat to the hits and people were completely fine with it. This is showing us that if the product has the hits customers will flock to it. Not many seemed to be bothered with the photography. If Panini keep son putting out nice and innovative products the licensing will not matter. There is such a void in the market for a product like National Treasures kudos to Panini for seeing it and satisfying that need.

Yes but the op was about how awesome Prizm is, which many of us do not agree with.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I would agree with you guys on that. I will say if they build others will come. I hope to see better products on the market.

Yes but the op was about how awesome Prizm is, which many of us do not agree with.

Members online

Latest posts