Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some pretty sweet deals from this seller...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I just really want to know how he came up with the pricing for these, as they are all over the place and no rhyme or reason. Even the pricing for the same player is all over the place.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I don't think I could ever own a store just for that reason... after awhile I think I would get frustrated from having to explain so often that your collection of cards is worthless. Everytime I meet someone and they find out I collect cards, they always want to show me their childhood collection and know how much it's worth. It's always a bunch of dinged up over produced 80's and 90's stuff. They always have that hopeful look in their eyes that it may be worth hundreds or more, and I always have to dash their hopes.

I find that to be half the fun, though I deal mainly in comics. Same situations though...

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I tell people that if they filled an empty swimming pool with all the cards ever made in the world, that it would be filled up to the top 1/2" with 80's & 90's cards. I've had people freak out & even cry when I tell them their stuff is basically worthless. I'd guess that 80-85% of my calls/walk-ins are this garbage. I do sell a significant quantity of complete sets from the 80's and 90's, worth noting...

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
When people come in with mass produced stuff, not only do I tell them the real value (basically none) but also show them the sealed packs from that era I have for .50 or less.

For a while I had a run of mid late 70s and early 80s come in.

I know they all expected a pay day with their 78 rose and 79 Ryan cards but we all know non mint ones sell for nothing.

They basically went into my dollar box all the stars.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts