User Tag List

Thread: How do you make sure you don't get scammed on Ebay?

RagingAcid
     @RagingAcid
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you make sure you don't get scammed on Ebay?

For selling/buying, all tips are liked.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly there is no one way. If you pay with your cc through PayPal you are as safe as you can be.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately there is no sure fire way, do your research, check feedback etc..CC through PayPal as mentioned above provides the most protected payment but crooks are crooks and the system can't be 100% safe. Bottom line is if it seems to good to be true it probably is so dig hard and ask questions.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worry much more as a seller than as a buyer. I honestly feel protected buying. In selling, you just have to recognize that eBay isn't in your corner and hope that your buyers are honest people. I don't sell that much but feel like any sale could be the one that pushes me away from eBay for good.

I know that's not practical advice, but it's all I got.
    HOF auto collector - I'm up to 258 different in my collection (used to have a photobucket link here, but photobucket sucks)

GO ROCKIES!

JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes we focus so much on the 1% of dishonest people, we forget that 99% are honest. As a buyer, I dont ever feel like I'm being taken for a ride as I use PayPal. As a seller (I dont sell much), I put my faith in the 99% and if the 1% strikes, I look at what it was I was selling, price and chances are, it's not worth fighting for. The most expensive card I sold in the last year was a $40 2016 Update Trout All star Sparkle Relic card. I'm not making a living at this hobby either so it's not that big of a deal to me if a person decides he's taking the card and running with it. There was one instance a few years ago when I bought a card for around $200 and then 4 days later the seller refunded me the money (basically I gave him a 4 day loan of $200 interest free). I see the card listed all the time at the same price so it's a bait/small-quick loan item that the guy is willing to pay fees to eBay/PayPal for the quick short term loan.

Fordman

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 18 years on ebay, I've been scammed every possible way. Luckily, Paypal, ebay, and my credit card company always had my back. CC is always the best backup, because they cover you even when the scammers are Paypal and Ebay.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have