Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series Game 6 Thread (BOS v STL, Sox lead 3-2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Peavy has said he found out what he was doing wrong last outing, so I think he will bounce back alright. Just a matter of if we get enough offense going without Napoli in there. Having Drew/Peavy 8th/9th doesn't help much. :/

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Peavy has said he found out what he was doing wrong last outing, so I think he will bounce back alright. Just a matter of if we get enough offense going without Napoli in there. Having Drew/Peavy 8th/9th doesn't help much. :/

I'd play Xander at SS and put Will at 3B and if it's a tight game or Xander falters, put Drew in. We need the extra bat in St. Louis.

I don't imagine in a close game Farrell would leave Peavy in for late innings ABs, but keep rotating the relievers to get guys like Carp, Nap, etc, into the mix.

Peavy said today this is what he's lived his whole life for, so let's see if a lifetime of prep has made him ready enough!

Go Sox!!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Hopefully now that the Cardinals are out of that XXXXty gimmick ballpark in Boston and playing on a real field, and with the true rules of baseball, they can beat the Red Sox three games in a row and take this thing. Hit the ball to first base over and over and over and over.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Hopefully now that the Cardinals are out of that XXXXty gimmick ballpark in Boston and playing on a real field, and with the true rules of baseball, they can beat the Red Sox three games in a row and take this thing. Hit the ball to first base over and over and over and over.

Ortiz is solid at first. You'll see.

I think the Sox will win tonight.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'd play Xander at SS and put Will at 3B and if it's a tight game or Xander falters, put Drew in. We need the extra bat in St. Louis.

I don't imagine in a close game Farrell would leave Peavy in for late innings ABs, but keep rotating the relievers to get guys like Carp, Nap, etc, into the mix.

Peavy said today this is what he's lived his whole life for, so let's see if a lifetime of prep has made him ready enough!

Go Sox!!
Exactly. At least someone gets it. Middlebrooks power will help offset the loss of Napoli's bat. Farrell is too stubborn in his ways to take Drew out of the starting lineup. I think Ross should be catching, too. (which he is not) He has been swinging the bat well and he is a big part behind the plate with his game calling and throwing abilities. Now is not the time to worry about player's feelings....we need to win, NOW!

With all that said.....GO RED SOX! :D

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Ortiz is solid at first. You'll see.

I think the Sox will win tonight.
Yeah over the last few years from what I have seen of Ortiz at first he makes all of the routine plays and he can reach for balls thrown off target. He is fine there. I say he starts games 3 and 5 with Napoli playing in game 4.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Re: World Series Game 3 Thread (BOS v STL, tied 1-1)

Bizarre decision to let Workman bat.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

A_Pharis

Bad call. Middlebrooks made a play on the ball and fell. He even attempted to lift his feet off of the base path. Look at the route Craig took off of the bag. He actually looks more like he did that intentionally to draw the obstruction call. (He comes off the 2nd base side of 3rd base bag a good foot and a half)

Members online

Latest posts