Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals called about Castro........no thank you.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I would take him in a heartbeat. Castro's issues have a LOT to do about being with his current club. Put him with Yadi and the others and he will be a great asset.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't like admitting that the Cards are the best at getting the most out of talent

And from above, Drew and Ankiel are not comparisons here or to each other. Not that I will defend St Louis

ben.z2010

Jan 17, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
I think Castro would kill it in St Louis. As a Cubs fan I hope they would never trade him to a division rival. With his age, he would kill them for years. It's amazing how many people have given up on him after just 1 bad year (grant it it was a REALLY bad year). I think if the cubs do trade him, they would expect a pretty big haul.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think Castro would kill it in St Louis. As a Cubs fan I hope they would never trade him to a division rival. With his age, he would kill them for years. It's amazing how many people have given up on him after just 1 bad year (grant it it was a REALLY bad year). I think if the cubs do trade him, they would expect a pretty big haul.

What do you think it would take from St. Louis to land him?

MLBTR said they wanted young pitching, which the Cardinals have a plethora of.

ben.z2010

Jan 17, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
What do you think it would take from St. Louis to land him?

MLBTR said they wanted young pitching, which the Cardinals have a plethora of.

Good question. Despite his off year, St Louis would still be getting a 23 yr old(I think) 2 time all star. With all the cards young pitching, I would think they for sure could get him, just not exactly for sure what it would take. I would think miller (I think I've heard St. Louis is falling out of love with him, not sure if this is true) or Martinez might be a good starting point. For all I know, the cubs would probably make that trade straight up.

ben.z2010

Jan 17, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Good question. Despite his off year, St Louis would still be getting a 23 yr old(I think) 2 time all star. With all the cards young pitching, I would think they for sure could get him, just not exactly for sure what it would take. I would think miller (I think I've heard St. Louis is falling out of love with him, not sure if this is true) or Martinez might be a good starting point. For all I know, the cubs would probably make that trade straight up.

May be a bit much, but I'm sure that's where the cubs might start.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

I was thinking Shelby straight up. I'd prefer to make that deal for Profar though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts