User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: November Group Submission Thread (BGS)

jaydub2001
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All The Hype View Post
    Should know probably today or tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice, it's been a bit more of a hassle to get my name on the account than expected; and I don't want to commit to sending more and more orders with you guys' cards until I have full communication with them and don't have to go through someone else to check on the order status.
    I'm guessing Dec is not happening given that it's more than half past now. I guess if there's a Jan that a 20 day won't get returned early enough to list before ST starts up...

jerik20
     @KeyserSozeCard
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    I'm guessing Dec is not happening given that it's more than half past now. I guess if there's a Jan that a 20 day won't get returned early enough to list before ST starts up...
    My suggestion is that, since there was no December sub, that the January sub date be due a little earlier in the month so that we can make sure to get 20-days back before ST.
    Currently looking for the following:
    -90's Bagwell and Biggio rare inserts & parallels
    -Carlos Correa, George Springer
    -2015 Heritage HN Action RCs of Correa, Bryant, Lindor, Syndergaard, Gallo, Buxton, Russell, Rodon

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jaydub I'm afraid we are skipping Dec due to it taking longer to get the account fully switched over into my name than expected. I didn't feel comfortable sending more of everyone's cards without full access to updates, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    My suggestion is that, since there was no December sub, that the January sub date be due a little earlier in the month so that we can make sure to get 20-days back before ST.

Yeah I've been contemplating this as well. Perhaps a 15th due date for everything?

I'd post the thread now but the problem is that we've been told pricing is going up across the board for BGS so I'm not able to tell you what our prices are until they let us know. I'm doing what I can to talk them into keeping our rates as low as possible...I like being able to say that FCB offers the cheapest grading ANYWHERE.

jaydub2001
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jaydub I'm afraid we are skipping Dec due to it taking longer to get the account fully switched over into my name than expected. I didn't feel comfortable sending more of everyone's cards without full access to updates, etc.

Yeah I've been contemplating this as well. Perhaps a 15th due date for everything?

I'd post the thread now but the problem is that we've been told pricing is going up across the board for BGS so I'm not able to tell you what our prices are until they let us know. I'm doing what I can to talk them into keeping our rates as low as possible...I like being able to say that FCB offers the cheapest grading ANYWHERE.
    If it improves the chances of getting 20 day submits back before ST I'd even say have the 10th be the due date. Of course that's baseball specific so I am being selfish with the earlier date.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    If it improves the chances of getting 20 day submits back before ST I'd even say have the 10th be the due date. Of course that's baseball specific so I am being selfish with the earlier date.

I think a lot of people would probably agree that an earlier date would be beneficial since FCB is comprised mostly of baseball collectors, and obviously it's nice to have your stuff in hand for ST and the start of the season.

I think I'll open a thread in the next few days with an earlier due date so everyone can plan accordingly, and leave pricing as TBD until they let us know the new rates.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of people would probably agree that an earlier date would be beneficial since FCB is comprised mostly of baseball collectors, and obviously it's nice to have your stuff in hand for ST and the start of the season.

I think I'll open a thread in the next few days with an earlier due date so everyone can plan accordingly, and leave pricing as TBD until they let us know the new rates.
    That would be awesome. I would like for you to be confident that there wouldn't be delays though in regards to switching the account to your name.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As one of the rarest of rare on these boards (a non-baseball collector) I don't at all mind an earlier date, but that's because I'm a basketball guy and would like to have some things back before the Playoffs.

Are there any updates as to our November sub? I noticed you just posted 20-day grades for October, any chance we see the November 10-day grades before the new year?
    Collecting Jeff Teague

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i5/chocsports2000/

Building these sets currently:
    97-98 Flair Showcase Row 0: 79/80=.9875

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chocsports2000 View Post
    As one of the rarest of rare on these boards (a non-baseball collector) I don't at all mind an earlier date, but that's because I'm a basketball guy and would like to have some things back before the Playoffs.

Are there any updates as to our November sub? I noticed you just posted 20-day grades for October, any chance we see the November 10-day grades before the new year?

Thanks for the input, I think as long as everyone has advanced notice of the earlier date, most people will probably like getting their stuff in/back earlier.

As for November, I'll give our guy a call today and see if he has a pop date for us; but yes, based on what he has told me it sounds like we should have 10 day grades before the new year.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear0555 View Post
    That would be awesome. I would like for you to be confident that there wouldn't be delays though in regards to switching the account to your name.

Yes the delays happened during October and possibly a little bit for November, but that's why I skipped December...I'm not a fan of offering a 10 day sub that takes two months before we even know grades when normally it would take 3-4 weeks when you include transit time. It puts me in a tough spot and I don't think it's fair to you guys. At this point we've got it figured out and should be good to go moving forward.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, just another quick update but I talked to our guy today and it sounds like the 10-day grades should be available (and the order should ship) Monday. GET PUMPED!

jerik20
     @KeyserSozeCard
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, just another quick update but I talked to our guy today and it sounds like the 10-day grades should be available (and the order should ship) Monday. GET PUMPED!
    Awesome! Thanks Ryan
    -2015 Heritage HN Action RCs of Correa, Bryant, Lindor, Syndergaard, Gallo, Buxton, Russell, Rodon

jerik20
     @KeyserSozeCard
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    10-days are being graded! My only card is serial # 7948880. Card has been entered but grades aren't populated yet.

jerik20
     @KeyserSozeCard
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, I hope you guys did as well as I did!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did almost as well, 1x10, 3x9.5s and I got whacked on my Kobe Green Refractor to the tune of a 7.5 surface and 8.5 overall. The 10 numbs the pain though.
    Collecting Jeff Teague

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i5/chocsports2000/

Building these sets currently:
    97-98 Flair Showcase Row 0: 79/80=.9875

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whose myers is that?
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast