Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs new manager

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben.z2010

Jan 17, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Not impressed but I guess he is another fill in until we can get competitive

This was my initial thought. Once girardi was off the table, there didn't seem to be a good candidate. But I'll admit I know absolutely nothing about Renteria, so I'll wait to judge.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
might as well have hired rene lachemann - at least there would be some fun while losing.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
They should have just hired.
chicken-mainx.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
SERIOUSLY! Who the hell is Rick Renteria?::facepalm::::facepalm::::facepalm::::facepalm::::facepalm::

a.k.a. Rich Renteria, infielder mostly from the overproduced trading card era. I take it you didn't start collecting until the late 90's or into the 00's/10's? ;)

natespringfield

Nov 6, 2013
He actually is a good "fit" for this phase of the development of the team/young players. I kind of see it as an encouraging sign in the sense that the kids will get a chance to play soon. He is not going to be a winning manager, but he will be looked back upon as an important development tool for Almora, Soler, Bryant, Baez, etc. when/if the Cubs end up being good here in a couple years.

I am glad they didnt hire Girardi or Sandberg at this point in time, b/c I don't think either could get the players from where they are now to where they need to be to be a winning franchise. 2 years from now they will make a play at manager that is a name to bring in some free agents to put with these young exciting players and then it will be impossible to get bleacher tickets again.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I'm really starting to wonder about this whole "rebuilding" plan. This will be my last year of season tickets if they don't start showing some very visible improvement and also allow some of the prospects to come up and play. Hendry left this organization in shambles and handled the draft terribly, but with Theo and Jed going into year 3 it's time to show some type of progress, and that can't continue to just be with minor league stats and the word "potential".

Members online

Latest posts