Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heritage Auctions Winnings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Anyone win anything from the Heritage Auction that just ended? The auction had a ton of items from the Musial estate. For me items that combine sports and military history are of particular significance and I was able to win these two baseballs signed by the Navy team from 1945-1946 (one is partially signed, the other looks like pretty much the full team. I bid on all three balls for quite a bit lower hoping to win at least one and was pleased to win these two:

Partially signed ball:
lf

Full team ball. Love this one because of the "US" stamping.
lf

lf

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
There were a ton of amazing items up (as is most of the big auctions I guess...) The glut of Musial items made me think I could possibly get some nice deals since there was so much of his to look at. I almost won his Navy uniform, although in hindsight I think I'm glad I didn't pony up enough to win it since I'm not sure what I would have done with it. I wonder if Leaf or one of the other companies bought some of the nicer GU stuff or the lot of 2000+ checks. It was a chance to make a Musial set (ala the Ichiro set being made now by Leaf) and offering some incredibly unique pieces.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
There were a ton of amazing items up (as is most of the big auctions I guess...) The glut of Musial items made me think I could possibly get some nice deals since there was so much of his to look at. I almost won his Navy uniform, although in hindsight I think I'm glad I didn't pony up enough to win it since I'm not sure what I would have done with it. I wonder if Leaf or one of the other companies bought some of the nicer GU stuff or the lot of 2000+ checks. It was a chance to make a Musial set (ala the Ichiro set being made now by Leaf) and offering some incredibly unique pieces.

What did the Navy Uniform close at ? That would have been neat. Congrats in your additions as they are very unique

Ryan

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
What did the Navy Uniform close at ? That would have been neat. Congrats in your additions as they are very unique

Ryan

Thanks!

Believe it was $3,750 plus premium. Preauction estimate was $10,000 interestingly. There were a couple such items if any of the card companies want to do a military theme. I wonder if any wet for it... (On another note I've long felt the card companies could do really well getting some unique items at these auctions and putting redemptions in packs.)

Members online