Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Demaryius Thomas card values, I don't get it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Ok, I do not collect much football and I know it does not compare to Baseball, but this dude is flat out killling it year after year now and his values are pathetically low. I got one right before Manning joined them and I was going to buy more, but I figured I was too later. Well I just checked and I couldn't beleive it. I'm guessing it would still not be worth it to invest as nobody is buying anyway. Is this common for Football stars to be selling this low?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
After his breakout game week 1.... I bought 25 chrome Julius Thomas off SportLots. Figured he would see a bump in price if he kept it up.

Including todays game... 42 Rec 547 Yards 9 TDs and his Chrome cards see no love.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Wide receivers don't get as much hobby love as QBs and RBs but they can still explode. Perhaps the best example is Mr. Salsa Dance where autographs were up 2000% at one point. There is also no shortage of buyers for Calvin Johnson. I'm not sure why Thomas doesn't generate a lot of buzz, especially considering Wes Welker cards are red hot. Reminds me of Torrey Holt on the Rams who went to and won the Super Bowl yet Holt cards never got much extra attention as a result. Investing in WRs is not for feint of heart but can be successfully done. As far as Jerry Rice "only being a $50 rookie", find any Topps baseball rookie from the 80s sans Rickey Henderson that matches. None.

Threebboyz

Jan 7, 2013
When hes a surefire HOFer, the values will rise...and PSA 10s/bgs 9.5s will always command value over ungraded. Its just too risky.. He tears an acl next week and his value could be gone for good. Go look up brady UDSP rookies.. Surefire HOFer... 1,500 bucks.. If thomas was 'brady' good, he'd be priced right up there at 5-8 hundo. Give it 5 years... We haven't even begun to see inflation hit the cards of any current player yet in regards to print run. You know how many jerry rice cards were printed? At 50 bucks for a ungraded copy, thats pretty good.. Considering its a piece of cardboard... In 20 years it'll be worth 250-300... Supply gets tighter, inflation will hit over the years and HOPEFULLY demand will blossom. I got back into the hobby from my youth collecting days and I'm sure im not the only one... If you can stick 50 bucks in a bank and pull out 250 in 20 years, do that.. But once inflation hits, that 250 will really be worth what 150 is worth today... So even then its not worth it. The only thing that will hedge inflation are collectibles and hard assets like precious metals. I prefer collectibles because I can enjoy them while the hedge inflation.. Looking at some gold bullion bores me.

Latest posts