Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf buyback cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Did you look? I thought i saw some Vizquel auto cards already listed.

Of course I'd love to see Omar included in a bunch new products, especially some high-end stuff... but that's just not going to happen. He'll eventually show up products once in a while but in the meantime I'm thrilled with the chance to chase the cards in this set. I loved the way Pacific had multiple variations of the same card, and I see Leaf Memories in much the same way. I don't mind the buyback concept and in fact, I'm already looking forward to 2014 Memories, 2015, 2016...

Thanks BG!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I working on more obscure guys, Sean...promise...

My point was that base buyback cards have demand... It will be interesting to see if someone builds the #/5 base buyback set...
Maybe I need to put a bounty on that?

BG

If this were part of the promotion before selling the product, I think it could have been a good idea. However, suggesting/doing so now just reeks of artificially inflating the market for a poor selling product (subset/insert). But if thats your thing, why not just skip the middle man and buy directly from eBay listings. Artificially inflate the market that way while putting the money directly in the pockets of those who are burdened with holding the 'worthless' cards...? In fact, you could repurpose the cards you buy and re-stamp them with another, perhaps different buy back label and call them 'super duper double dip buy back cards'. They could be the industries very first double buy back card and could be inserted in up coming Leaf Memories products as Leaf Memories buyback buybacks. Surely they would be worth something then...?

Smile BG, surely I jest. :)

Last edited:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Watching the completed listings for the 1/1 cards on eBay, the prices are fascinating, especially for the weirdos who collect the likes of Alvaro Espinoza and Alex Cole (we all know who we are).

Not really much relation to how good a player was vs how much the cards went for.

$69.00 - Nolan Ryan (no surprise...can't wait to see the Juan Gone and Canseco finals)
$51.00 - Tom Brunansky (wow, who knew?)
$51.00 - Alvin Davis
$36.00 - Gregg Jefferies
$31.00 - Sandy Alomar Checklist card
$21.05 - Frank Viola
$19.99 - Felix Jose
$16.05 - Kevin McReynolds
$11.05 - Andre Dawson (seriously?)
$10.29 - Hensley Meulens
$ 7.99 - Mark Portugal
$ 7.51 - Mark Leonard
$ 7.25 - Danny Tartabull
$ 6.56 - Roberto Alomar (what?)
$ 4.50 - Alex Cole
$ 1.29 - Zane Smith

Lots have gone unsold at $7.99 and been relisted lower. Some even didn't sell after being lowered to $4.99 or even $1.99. Some have gone unsold due to being listed at ridiculous prices (Randy Bush for $39.99? Oil Can Boyd for $99.99?).

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If he had a card in the 1991 Leaf set, then yes.
He did, #239 . I haven't seen any spike on eBay or anything, so just not sure what to look for or how many of them they'll be, etc.

EDIT: Looks like their will be a /5 and 1/1? Also an auto?

Last edited:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
He did, #239 . I haven't seen any spike on eBay or anything, so just not sure what to look for or how many of them they'll be, etc.

There will be a red 1/1 and gold #/5. I'm just searching 2013 Leaf buyback. Already picked up three of my cards. These are definitely going cheaper than last year's cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts