User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Seller on going experience, Beware of this Seller!!

jbhofmann
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sportscardtheory View Post
    Damn! He's way ahead of us!

But maybe the seller put in the empty pack of gum so that we might blame it on a Postal employee because they could have put the empty pack of gum in to throw us off!
    That's what like to call a good sportscardtheory

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats a mew one even for me. Sorry you had to be subjected to this crap. You will get your money back though but wow thats really bad.
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, terrible experience / outcome and sorry you have to deal with it, I can imagine how frustrating it is.

Second, I'm not defending the seller, but I am almost 99% sure I have purchased something from them before--I recognize the name and address since I usually do a double take on addresses from people who live within a few miles of where I live. I am pretty sure I had a positive transaction with them. So, FWIW, could be that they did ship the card (let's be honest, we've all heard stories about thieving Post Office employees)

that being said, i hate defensive behavior, and if the seller was acting like that and making accusatory claims that is bad business and inappropriate.

i hope the card is found, and that it resolves well for everyone involved...
    I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

juangris311
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a tough situation for all involved. If the seller insured it, which he should have, he needs to collect on that, refund you and be done with it. I wouldn't necessarily leave the guy negative feedback - put yourself in his place and think how you might react. There's a very real possibility that a postal employee or someone other than the seller switched your card out before the package was delivered.
    Always Looking For Adam Dunn Autograph Cards, 1/1's And Game Used Bats!

Senior Member BowmanChromeAddict's Avatar
     bigbreaksports
     bigbreakcards
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the OP opened the package and it didn't come from USPS ripped open, then only 1 of two possibilities exist, the OP is a liar, or the seller is. If you look at the way the seller put the label on, there is no way to open the envelope without the appearance of tampering, so I think we can safely rule out foul play from the post office. If the back seal had been uncovered with the label, then I could see how the post office worker might have been able to open it and make the change, but the mail label covered that option up. The only other possibility is that the seller may employ help to ship and perhaps there is something corrupt going on with that person...just throwing it out as a possibility.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've seen the stuff Tony buys... he'd have no reason to lie about this one.

Yes, he opened the package. Had it been opened prior to him receiving it (espcially having confirmation) it would have been in one of those baggies that the PO sticks them in if damaged. I think the seller got sent a better offer after the BIN was hit.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post
    I've seen the stuff Tony buys... he'd have no reason to lie about this one.

Yes, he opened the package. Had it been opened prior to him receiving it (espcially having confirmation) it would have been in one of those baggies that the PO sticks them in if damaged. I think the seller got sent a better offer after the BIN was hit.
    The seller has decent feedback but you would almost expect his feedback to be higher given the number of years he's been registered and the type if cards he has listed. On mobile but has the seller always listed big ticket items? Or did someone purchase his eBay id?
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok,

I did some looking, and this guy looks to be an "adult entertainment" provider.
    The name David Koenig with that address turned up a business named "Visual Dynamics". I did a business search for that, and that business is also formerly known as "Holionet", "Holio Net, LLC" and "Holio.net".
    (https://companies.findthecompany.com/...dland-Hills-CA)

I searched his name linked with that business name and found this tidbit from an adult news site:

"SANTA ANA, Calif. — Long-time adult entrepreneur David Koenig and his company Holio.net have filed suit against Interactive Television Networks Inc. over alleged breaches in their XTV network licensing and distribution deal and a promissory note, XBIZ has learned.
    Koenig, who filed the suit in Orange County Superior Court, is a co-founder of XTV and parent company Interactive Television Networks, known as ITVN, which operates an Internet protocol TV network. Koenig still owns nearly 18 percent of Woodland Hills, Calif.-based ITVN and supplies content to XTV through Holio.net, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings."

Now, that's from 2007 so he may have moved on... and his profession really doesn't mean anything in this instance (I just like to look into things as much as I have access to). That said, I'd wash my hands after handling that gum pack.
    Last edited by A_Pharis; 11-19-2013 at 07:09 PM.

jbhofmann
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm reaching but if the PO knows who Mr. Koenig is and deals with, it's possible old Newman at the PO was ripping open bubble mailers to get DVDs for his "stash".

dragsy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTROBURN View Post
    If i remember correctly, didnt the OP open the package? That tear was not there on delivery, but caused by the OP opening his mail...
    This is important information to have in the thread. Was it opened/torn upon receipt or is that the OP's opening of the package?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if he was offered more after your sale? Maybe this ensures double the money now. #1 from the claim and #2 from the new buyer.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do I feel I've dealt with this guy too? Is there any way to cross-reference your eBay activity with another user?
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always pay anything on a credit card. So in cases like this, eBay can rule however they want....but I'll call the credit card company and explain the situation and ill get my money back 100% of the time. Fortunately for me, I've had to do this only twice in my entire eBay career.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Senior Member mlbsalltimegreats's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry guys had to leave for a bit and i dont mind answering questions. I recieved it on a friday along with 5 other mailers and ran in and ran out. I started opening packages right when i got home in my vehicle and i open the package myself. The package was not damaged or torn or did not appear tampered with. When i first looked at it i was so stumped that i actually thought something was in the gum pack, i pulled it out and knew it was a scam of some sort but dint know what card as i had serveral still incoming along with what i already picked up. I had to go to my computer and look it up to find out who and what item it was. Once i found out i called post office immediately but they were closed. The town is small that im in and post office is closed saturday so i had to wait till monday to talk to post master. In the mean time i immediately call ebay and open a claim explaining the situation and at that point started communicating with seller over the weekend. The seller immediately came out of the gate defensive and blamed me right off the bat.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mlbsalltimegreats; 11-19-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Senior Member mlbsalltimegreats's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought maybe someone helps him package stuff and perhaps they switched it out but the seller then told me that he packaged it himself and that he has a witness. His convos have been up and down first blaming me then blaming post office. I then sent him pics of the front and back of the package and after about a day came back and said it dint looked tampered with by the post office and proceeded to blame me again. Ill have to show the convos.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast