Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Heritage High Number Set...you buying???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Got in a some sets. I figure you can't lose $ on them; a safer bet than buying wax. There will still be demand with the rookies even though they probably printed more this year.

Allen

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
I bought 5 sets. Will likely be breaking 4 (one to keep and 3 to sell the base set) and will be holding on to a sealed set until the redemptions get closer to expiration.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
No print run announced and redemption autographs. Not buying this year after buying 5 last year and doing very well with them. Had they annouced a print run, even if higher than last year, I would most likely have bought in.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I am out. For now.

I am hearing a print run between 2,000 and 2,500. I do not trust that all autos will be signed in the same quantities. I also would not be surprised to see sticker autos in this product.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
We are now a few days after this product has gone live, and not one card has yet to sell for the price of the set. Let that sink in for a second. Not. One. Card.

Also, no Puigs auto redemptions of any kind have surfaced. That does not bode well.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I did rather well on my 5 sets. I broke them up into team sets (150 total). Sold 85 team sets so far and made back the initial investment plus $300+ before fees. Plus have 5 autos to sell on top of that.

Allen

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
You can still buy these from Topps, I wonder if the print run was that high or people just stayed away this year.

Some stayed away and I know quite a few who canceled their order after placing it.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
We are now a few days after this product has gone live, and not one card has yet to sell for the price of the set. Let that sink in for a second. Not. One. Card.

Also, no Puigs auto redemptions of any kind have surfaced. That does not bode well.

A Puig just got listed
Here's the item number. Posting from my phone, so can't figure out how to link it

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
I did pretty well with the 5 sets I broke, I pulled a Gattis and a Ryu Red Auto Redemption. I saw a red auto of his already sold on eBay for $70. I was thinking they would get a little bit more than that so I think I'll hold on to it or redeem it. I have not seen any of his blue autos posted so those could be even more rare than 10 copies.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Ordered three sets and pulled a Machado red auto from the first one I opened. Probably keeping the other two sealed and will sell them if and when they dry up some.

Would be nice if that 2000-2500 print run would be confirmed. I don't think that is an unreasonable number as you couldn't expect a business to keep it to 1000 and leave that much money on the table based upon last year. Anything higher than 2500 and I won't be that happy - but that might explain the fact Topps still has them in stock and the low prices on autos so far.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Ordered three sets and pulled a Machado red auto from the first one I opened. Probably keeping the other two sealed and will sell them if and when they dry up some.

Would be nice if that 2000-2500 print run would be confirmed. I don't think that is an unreasonable number as you couldn't expect a business to keep it to 1000 and leave that much money on the table based upon last year. Anything higher than 2500 and I won't be that happy - but that might explain the fact Topps still has them in stock and the low prices on autos so far.

Great pull, one of the best cards in the product! From what I have seen is those breaking full cases are getting one red ink autograph in their case where those breaking 3-5 sets are pulling one in their sets. I would definitely steer clear of cases on this product and maybe pick up a few sets from Topps.

Also as a side topic, it appears as though Jackie Bradley has an autograph but wasn't part of the initial checklist.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I had never noticed this set before. A complete set and 1 RC Auto? Is it like the old Topps Traded (albeit as an extension of Heritage?) I loved those sets back in 1999 and 2000, although the price tag on those was much more palatable...

Members online

Latest posts