User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angels send Bourjos to St. Louis for David Freese.

@Rookieaddict
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Cant see it happening in StL; the current OF looks like Holliday LF, Bourjos CF, Taveras RF, Craig RF, Jay Platoon/Trade bait. Even if Craig or Adams are traded for a SS this off-season the road to the Show in StL looks steep.
    Always an injury away, but looks like right now we have jay and Robinson as bench outfielders. I'm working with the assumption that either craig or taveras is on right. Making our top outfield prospects Grichuk and Piscotty
    Collecting Cardinals RC's Back To 1948, Low Grade PSA HOF RC's
    & Low Grade PSA Pre War Cardinals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to see Freese go, but I love the trade

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good trade for the Cards, IMO.....but both teams got what they needed. Last year was a down year for Freese so I'm sure he will bounce back just fine.
    Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions! #BostonStrong

-Thanks to JBel4331 for the sig

rblake098
     blakingthelaw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this trade. Mozeliak is a wizard.
    Formerly gilbert.

Romans 5:8

Ryan The Orange's Bucket

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty216brs View Post
    Good trade for the Cards, IMO.....but both teams got what they needed. Last year was a down year for Freese so I'm sure he will bounce back just fine.
    Salas "should" help a bullpen that had issues last year. I am surprised how many media folk are overlooking his importance to the trade.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Salas "should" help a bullpen that had issues last year. I am surprised how many media folk are overlooking his importance to the trade.
    Bullpen guys are almost always overlooked. Salas will be a welcome addition to the team who had the 4th worst bullpen ERA in baseball last season.

North of the Baysox, South of the Orioles
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see Freese go, I hope he's treated well in his hometown well into his 90s, he should always hold a special place in Cardinal Nation. I think Jay is headed out of town as well. Craig is not going anywhere, he's virtually untouchable. Based on last year he has a below market value contract that is very team friendly for years to come, it would take a king's ransom to pry him away I would think. The thing I like about this deal is that they traded nothing of value pitching wise, Salas was up and down with his effectiveness.
    BENSON'S BULLPEN - My TTM Autograph Collection

Screw You Photobucket, my banners went bye-bye.

GMS-SPORTS-CARDS
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Sad to see Freese go, I hope he's treated well in his hometown well into his 90s, he should always hold a special place in Cardinal Nation. I think Jay is headed out of town as well. Craig is not going anywhere, he's virtually untouchable. Based on last year he has a below market value contract that is very team friendly for years to come, it would take a king's ransom to pry him away I would think. The thing I like about this deal is that they traded nothing of value pitching wise, Salas was up and down with his effectiveness.
    Salas was fine until tony la russa pulled him from the closer job, and fried his brain.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good trade I think Bourjos will hit the NL well. Grichuck is a underrated prospect IMO. He was projected high and failed to take off right away. With the change of scenery all guys involved should do well. Freese should rake with Pujols/Hamilton ahead of him.
    https://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk275/craiger12/
    I collect Musial/Gibson /Ozzie and current Cardinals AUTOS ONLY

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think either J Jay or S Robinson will be traded as well. Mozeliak is not done yet. I really DO NOT
    want Peralta. If we do overpay I would rather get one of the Rangers SS's.
    https://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk275/craiger12/
    I collect Musial/Gibson /Ozzie and current Cardinals AUTOS ONLY

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by craiger122003 View Post
    I also think either J Jay or S Robinson will be traded as well. Mozeliak is not done yet. I really DO NOT
    want Peralta. If we do overpay I would rather get one of the Rangers SS's.
    Furcal for 1 year.

Low risk. High reward. And low cost, with no players being traded away.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Furcal for 1 year.

Low risk. High reward. And low cost, with no players being traded away.
    Uhh...do you mean low risk low reward? He's 36, hasn't played pro ball in over a year (played in 130+ games once since 08') and is recovering from TJ surgery. At this stage in his career he is below average defensively and average at best offensively. He's a fine 1 year stopgap, but hardly a potential 'high reward' player. More suited for a utility role being able to play 2B and SS.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty216brs View Post
    Uhh...do you mean low risk low reward? He's 36, hasn't played pro ball in over a year (played in 130+ games once since 08') and is recovering from TJ surgery. At this stage in his career he is below average defensively and average at best offensively. He's a fine 1 year stopgap, but hardly a potential 'high reward' player. More suited for a utility role being able to play 2B and SS.
    High reward at a low cost.

If he's healthy, he's looking to prove himself. And if he has a full healthy season, I believe he will put up good numbers.

Stopgap yes. I'm not thrilled with the trade possibilities/scenarios this off season, long term. I don't want the team to do something just to do something, and regret it later.

Trading for Tulo like many fans are clamoring for would be ridiculous. Unless Colorado ate a LOT of his contract. That isn't even a real possibility. Furcal is good for the club right now.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't surprise me if they signed furcal, the prices for ss are crazy right now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    High reward at a low cost.

If he's healthy, he's looking to prove himself. And if he has a full healthy season, I believe he will put up good numbers.

Stopgap yes. I'm not thrilled with the trade possibilities/scenarios this off season, long term. I don't want the team to do something just to do something, and regret it later.

Trading for Tulo like many fans are clamoring for would be ridiculous. Unless Colorado ate a LOT of his contract. That isn't even a real possibility. Furcal is good for the club right now.
    Well Furcal would play much better defense over someone like Peralta, and he's cheap to sign so I'll give you that....the healthy part is a big 'if'. His recent injury history shows that he might not be able to be relied on in a full-time role.

I'm just hoping the Cardinals sign Stephen Drew so the Red Sox get their draft pick, lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast